Chapter Thirty-one: will you be mine?

The next few days passed by faster than Stella expected. Claude would barely leave her side. Athanasia would come spend hours on end to spend with her. So did Lily and Felix. She met up with her friends that she made there and caught up with the things she missed.

Soon after Claude was considering on making her Empress but the noble and the people who were close to the imperial family immediately disagreed. They said that she didn't have any etiquette for being an Empress or the laws, practice and manners of an Empress. What they didn't know-

Stella secretly made sure to give them Karma. Claude was really bad at keeping secrets to himself-

Or is it just that Stella can tell? We will never know. Her new dress was off the previous Empress's design and traditional patterns. Lily hired a teacher who taught Claude himself how to have the etiquette and manners of an Emperor. The teachers name was Keira Naomi. She was about 77 years old but still healthy and looking amazing. She helped Stella with everything she knew about having the manners of an Empress. Since Stella was a fast learner she quickly got them all and repeated them correctly to Keira. Keira gladly told her that she would know everything about how to being an Empress in less than a month.

Perfect. Stella snickered.

However, Claude had another secret-

That Felix, Athanasia, Lily and basically the whole palace knew except Stella. Claude was preparing a wedding ring and a proposal for Stella. Thankfully Stella didn't have any suspicious since she didn't expect it to be early.

THURSDAY, 8 PM NEAR THE PALACE'S LAKE

Since when Claude did these things? I mean I'm not complaining but it feels like something's going to happen according to my 'sixth sense'. Stella thought. She found a note on her bed saying: Come out in our cabin near the lake at 8:00 PM, Estella.

"Okay then." Stella wore a loving scarf around her since it was chilly outside and she braided her hair. She walked outside and found a-

Blue Rose. It also had a note under it. Stella giggled and took the rose, and smelled it. The smell was extraordinary. Stella opened the note and read it.

"You are an extraordinary wonderful and unique person to me."

Stella smiled and tucked it in her pocket and continued her way. A few more steps and she found a yellow rose with another note.

"I always valued our friendship since the day you came to us."

Tucked that note in too and some more steps, orange rose.

"You've given me another reason for me to be grateful for what I have, our romance made me feel happier than I have ever been."

At this point Stella wondered where this was going. Next up, pink rose.

"You've given me joy from your grace and given me gratitude along with it. You've become my happiness."

She was near the lake cause she could feel the humidity rise and the sound of soft waves. Purple rose.

"From the first sight of you, I was enchanted. I doubted the rumors of your beauty but it turned out even better. I wouldn't call it love at first sight but it felt like it."

Stella definitely guessed what was going on the moment she reached the lake-

There were glowing orbs around in the air and lotus flowers shining on top of the lake. She saw Claude dressed up neatly with a red rose. She felt her breathe cut off short as she slapped her hand on her mouth. Her eyes not believing the sight in front of her.