Chapter 30: Gifts

Yeonjun and Yeji

ring a ling ring a ling...

Yeonjun glances at his phone and quickly picks up, "Hello?"

Yoongi's voice flows into his ears as the older yet shorter man says, "Hey, Yeonjun?"

Yeonjun just hums waiting for a response and Yoongi says, "I told you that you don't have to get us gifts anymore. We're pretty much even, what is this by the way?" Yeonjun says, "But you gave us so much back then. I feel like we haven't even scratched the tip of the iceberg on how much we owe you."

Yoongi adds, "You're saying 'we' so, I'm assuming Yeji in on this too?" Yeonjun nods but apparently Yoongi can't see him nodding because it was a phone call.

"Hello?"

Yeonjun replies, "Oh, yeah. It was her idea to get the oil paints for Chaeyoung. She was off at a trip in Japan and they said they were the best kind in the country." Yoongi says, "Chaeyoung really liked them, so thank Yeji for us. But you haven't answered my question. Why is there a giant tortilla in here?"

Yeonjun says a bit proudly, "That my sir is a burrito blanket. If you put it on while sleeping, you look like a burrito and if you put it flat you can be a quesadilla." Yoongi sighs not feeling the energy to speak with him anymore. He says, "Okay, Yeonjun do you know how to fully repay us?"

Yeonjun asks, "How?" Yoongi responds, "Stop sending things to our house. It's been like 4 years, you don't owe us anything. Got that?" Yeonjun nods again but then again it was a phone call.

"Hello?"

Yeonjun suddenly says, "Are you sure?" Yoongi says, "Certain. 100% sure. Never been more sure of something in my life." Yeonjun says, "One more gift. We'll get you whatever you want, I promise this is the last one. Make it big and it'll be the last gift. I promise!"

Yoongi sighs and says, "Fine." Yeonjun smiles, "Okay what do you want?"

Yoongi says, "A Grammy." then hangs up the phone. Yeonjun says a bit confused, "Huh? Hello? Did he just hang up on me?"

Yeji suddenly speaks, "Who was that?" Yeonjun smiles at his girlfriend, "Yoongi. They got the present and Chaeyoung loved yours." She smiles hearing the news then asks, "So I take it he doesn't like yours?" Yeonjun looks at her confused, "Why wouldn't he like it? He never said anything but I bet he's wrapped up in it sleeping."

Yeji rolls her eyes and says, "So what were you two talking about?" Yeonjun says, "He wants us to stop sending gifts because apparently we sent too many." Yeji says, "Well... it's been 4 years." He turns to her and says, "But he saved our lives! He even made it so both of us were in the same building where we fell in love, remember that? I owe that man my life but apparently he doesn't want that, he wants something weird."

Yeji raises an eyebrow and asks, "So you finally asked him what he wanted?" Yeonjun nods and says, "He said he wants a Grandma but I don't know where I can find those. Do they even sell grandmas?" She looks at him a bit confused, "What?" Yeonjun smiles and slaps the side of her arm, "That's exactly what I thought! I guess he just likes being around old people. Maybe we can ask Nayeon to pay him a visit."

Yeji snorts at the joke and he smiles seeing her smile. Yeji then says, "Ah, while we're on the topic of gifts. I actually got you one." Yeonjun looks at her excited, "No way! Because I got you one too!" Yeji smiles brightly, "You first!" He smiles and says, "Close your eyes!"

Yeji closes her eyes expectantly and he kisses her lips then backs away. He smiles, "There you go!" Yeji opens her eyes with an unexpected reaction. She suddenly frowns at him, "That's it..." Yeonjun starts to panic, "Y-yeah?" She just nods her head silently and he can't help but panic even more. If Yeji just yelled at him or complained then he would've at least known what was wrong but when she's silent, he doesn't know anything.

Yeonjun doesn't even want to ask for her gift because he feels wrong for getting one without giving one to her. Yeji whispers in a low and intimidating voice, "Close your eyes." Yeonjun shut his eyes with no hesitation and he waited for her to bring out the gift. Yeji suddenly kisses his lips but much longer than when he did it.

Yeji backs away and he opens his eyes in utter confusion. Yeji's face changes from utter angriness and disappointment to a countenance of pure joy and laughter. Yeji starts to giggle seeing Yeonjun confused. He stutters, "W-what?"

Yeji playfully hits his arm and says, "Did you read my mind or are we that boring? How did you know a kiss was my gift?" Yeonjun says while recovering from the shock of the thought that he made Yeji mad, "Hahaha, great minds think alike."

Yeonjun sighs in relief and says, "Whew, I thought you were mad at me." Yeji's face suddenly changes again as she glares at him, "Why? Did you do something that would make me mad? You hiding something from me, Choi Yeonjun?" Yeonjun stutters, "H-huh?" Yeji's face changes again as she giggles, "You're so cute!"

Yeonjun can't help but stare in disbelief, "You're scaring me." Yeji smiles brightly and says, "Okay, okay. I'll be serious but you owe me one more gift." Yeonjun smirks, "Miss Hwang Yeji, gifts are saved for special occasions." She asks, "Is seeing me not special enough?" He smiles, "Umm, you got me there."

...

...

...

Ryujin speaks up, "Did those two just forget we were here?" Beomgyu adds, "I don't think they ever noticed." She scoffs and says, "I'm never going to lunch with these two again." Beomgyu sighs and says, "And we still have Hyuka's dinner tomorrow."