Chapter 13: Friends

Soobin, Lia, Huening Kai, and Yuna

The four gathered in Soobin and Huening Kai's room to talk.

Soobin says, "Jin and Nayeon said they were going out to look for some bus. So we have the entire hotel to ourselves. What should we do?"

Lia turns to Yuna and says, "So... are you and Huening Kai?? You know??"

Yuna and Heuning Kai blushes as Soobin's mouth forms an O.

Soobin points at the two and teases, "No way." Yuna whines, "Yah! Why are you suddenly bringing that up! We're just friends! He saved my life and we stayed together! Hyuka tell them!"

Lia and Soobin turn to the young boy and he stutters, "Y-yeah. We're friends."

Yuna smiles victoriously and links her arm with Huening Kai, "Ha! You tell them, they keep trying to romanticize me whenever I talk with boys." Hyuka blushes as she holds his arm.

Soobin whispers, "I think he thinks otherwise."

Kai blushes and Yuna asks, "What?" Kai points at Soobin, "Well, how did you and Lia end up together? It's a bit suspicious. I've never seen you two close together!" Soobin smiles, "Well, you know. We're just... friends."

Lia nods her head, "We were just hanging out." Yuna tries to initiate something, "So was it a date?" Soobin turns to Lia and she says with a bit of hesitation, "I-I guess. A friend date."

Soobin just nods then says, "Are you trying to change the subject so we don't talk about you liking-" Hyuka speaks up, "Want to explore the hotel? I bet there's a lot of cool stuff." Yuna smiles, "H-huh?" Kai takes a hold of her wrist and her eyes suddenly dart to his hand.

She blushes as he helps her stand and says, "I saw some cool things on my way here, we should check it out." Yuna stutters at the sudden skinship and whispers, "O-okay."

Before they run off, Soobin gives Hyuka a reassuring, "Fighting!" And the two are left alone.

Lia suddenly scoffs, "Can you believe them? They're definitely into each other." Soobin stays quiet and she says, "It's probably the most obvious thing ever, isn't just frustrating that they don't notice?"

Soobin says, "Well, Yuna didn't notice Kai crushing on her." Lia nods her head, "I should talk to her, she might miss out on a perfectly good man."

Soobin nods his head again and she turns to him, "Hey, you promise me that you'll confess to the girl you like. I feel like you're the type to stay secretive about it."

Soobin blushes and Lia says, "Don't keep girls waiting, it's rude. Okay?" He replies quietly, "I promise."

Lia sighs and says, "So what do you want to do? I'm kind of bored."

Soobin shrugs his shoulders and says, "We can just sit here and talk."

Beomgyu, Ryujin, Taehyun, and Chaeryeong

Beomgyu smiles as he walks inside the familiar house. Taehyun is one of his closest friends and he's spent a fair amount of time hanging out in his house.

A slight thud is suddenly heard and Ryujin was quick to put her hand over his mouth. The two look at each other's eyes and quickly realize that they might not be alone.

Beomgyu slowly takes his gun out of his pocket and Ryujin points at the closet. Beomgyu walks first very quietly. He turns to Ryujin and she holds her fingers up.

She counts down.

3...

2...

1...

Ryujin quickly opens the door and Beomgyu points the gun inside. As the door opens, Taehyun grabbed the gun and throws it aside. He then tackles Beomgyu on the ground.

Ryujin stares at Chaeryeong in utter shock and happiness. The two girls stare at each other in shock while Beomgyu tries to fight Taehyun.

Ryujin turns around and stutters, "B-beomgyu, they're... human."

Beomgyu and Taehyun quickly realize while they are on the ground. Their eyes soon get teary and Beomgyu embraces Taehyun in the tightest hug.

Taehyun cries while Beomgyu exclaims, "TAEHYUNNNNNNN!"

Ryujin slowly walks to Chaeryeong and embraces her in a tight hug. Chaeryeong breaks into tears and Ryujin whispers, "Why are you in Taehyun's house?"

Chaeryeong doesn't answer and just hugs her best friend.

Beomgyu and Taehyun are basically wrestling on the ground as they continue to hug. Once they all calm down, Beomgyu suddenly realizes something.

He curses, "Wait, shit." He quickly runs off to get a small table and puts it against the broken window. Taehyun helps secure it and they finally relax.

Chaeryeong is still teary but she can finally speak while Ryujin snuggled herself in Chaeryeong's arms. Taehyun and Beomgyu sit next to each other as Beomgyu says happily, "You don't know how happy I am right now. I never expected to see you again and you're here safe!"

Taehyun smiles back, "I thought we were the only ones alive." Ryujin asks, "Where's your parents?"

Taehyun suddenly pauses and Ryujin can feel Chaeryeong tense up. Ryujin frowns and whispers, "S-sorry. My parents are gone too." Taehyun looks up to meet her eyes and sees the sadness he wears.

He whispers, "Jeongin too?" Ryujin just nods as Chaeryeong tries to console her with a tighter and more affectionate hug.

Beomgyu says, "We actually have a plan. It's great to get more people on board."

Chaeryeong and Taehyun turn to him but Ryujin interrupts, "The plan can wait. There's something more important right now."

She sits up breaking free from Chaeryeong's hug and stands.

Ryujin walks around in small circles and says, "You. And you."

She points at Taehyun and Chaeryeong.

Ryujin says, "Why is she at your house? I've never seen you two alone together and I practically know both of you." Taehyun blushes and Chaeryeong says bluntly, "We're dating. I came here to meet his parents."

Taehyun turns to his girlfriend and Ryujin heats up in a bit of anger, "What? And you never told me? How long have you two been dating?"

Chaeryeong replies, "Why do you care?" Ryujin says, "You're the first person I told when I started dating Beomgyu! I didn't even tell my parents. How can you betray me?"

Chaeryeong says, "I never asked you to tell me." Ryujin argues, "Yah! Friends don't need to ask! What else are you hiding? Did you two sleep together?" Chaeryeong says, "That's our business."

Beomgyu nudges Taehyun, "What's with them?" Taehyun shrugs his shoulders and says, "Chaeryeong was so quiet and adorable before Ryujin got here. Now she's a savage."

The two guys turn back to their arguing girlfriends and smile seeing the two completely go at it against each other.

To be continued...