Chapter 6: Downfall [3]

Tzukook, Yuna and Huening Kai

Tzuyu says, "The fire is gonna go out soon. We need more wood." Jungkook says, "We'll work with what we have. It's too dangerous to go out there now."

Suddenly Huening Kai stands in front of them with Yuna shyly hiding behind him. Tzuyu and Jungkook turn to them confused. Hyuka whispers, "Go on, ask them."

Yuna blushes and whispers something in his ear. The couple can only stare the two younger confused.

Huening Kai clears his throat and whispers, "Y-Yuna, needs to use the bathroom." Tzuyu's and Jungkook's eyes widen at her innocence.

Tzuyu asks, "Are you scared of us?" Yuna slowly nods her head not making eye contact at all. Jungkook says, "You don't have to be scared of us. We just saved you and you'll be staying with us until who knows when."

Yuna tugs Kai's shoulder and he says, "Oh, she's just a bit shy. She'll be more relaxed the more time we spend together. It's kind of more pressure now that we're in an apocalypse and all."

Tzuyu moves away from Jungkook and dusts her clothes. She extends her hand and says, "Okay, let's go." Hyuka holds her hand confused and Jungkook's eyes dart to his hand.

Tzuyu lets out a soft chuckle, "I thought Yuna needed the bathroom." Kai retracts his hand and blushes, "Oh, right sorry I just-"

He turns to Yuna and says, "Come on, you said you had to go. It'll be weird if I went with you to the bathroom." Yuna just nods and shyly takes Tzuyu's hand.

Tzuyu pulls her closer and interlocks her arms together.

They were hiding in the storage room of a convenience store. To go the bathroom, they had to walk out and head across the cash register usually is.

Once Yuna finished, Tzuyu smiles at her and says, "You don't look like the shy type." Yuna replies, "I'm usually not but... I'm scared."

Tzuyu smiles softly while staring at her. She's reminded of she acted during the beginning of the first apocalypse. Tzuyu says, "It's okay to be scared. I was scared before but once you get used to it, I bet you'll be back to normal."

Yuna smiles softly at her and Tzuyu says, "I wouldn't be worried if I were you. You're too pretty to die." Yuna smiles and says, "You're pretty too."

Tzuyu locks their arms together and says, "Plus, that boy really looks like he cares about you." Yuna blushes and says, "He's caring to everyone, that's just how Huening Kai is."

CRASH

Tzuyu's eyes dart to a zombie's head sticking through the glass door. She slowly brings Yuna to the storage room and walks to Jungkook.

Jungkook whispers something back to her and she looks at him with doubting eyes.

Yuna stares at the two as their conversation continues.

Jungkook lets out an arrogant smirk but Tzuyu continues to look at him in worry.

Yuna asks, "What do you think they're talking about?"

Hyuka stares at them confused. Tzuyu looks mad at Jungkook but he keeps that bratty smirk. She finally sighed in defeat and Jungkook smiled victoriously.

Tzuyu walks towards the two and says, "Get ready, we're leaving soon."

Jungkook stands up and stretches his arms and legs as if he was going on a run.

Tzuyu walks over to him and whispers, "You know what I'll do to you if you get hurt." He nods his head and Tzuyu cups his cheek. She places a lingering and loving kiss.

After she backs away, she slaps his face softly. Tzuyu whispers, "Be safe." Jungkook smiles, "I love you." She just nods her head and he pouts, "Say it back."

Tzuyu says, "I'll say it back once we meet up at the hotel." He nods his head with a confident smile.

The two kids can only stare confused as Jungkook opens the door. He cocks his gun and suddenly fires at the zombie standing outside. Jungkook suddenly sprints out and the kids stare in shock.

Tzuyu places a finger on her lips gesturing them to be quiet. A few minutes later, Tzuyu says, "Keep up with me." The two kids nod not knowing where they were going.

The suddenly start running on the streets through the heavy snow. Huening Kai couldn't see a thing in the snow and Yuna was just trailing right behind him.

Tzuyu ran in the front as if she had a GPS in her head.

"Where was Jungkook? Where is she leading us to? Why was she so scared before Jungkook left?"

These thoughts ran through Hyuka's head as he unknowingly reaches behind him and interlocks his hand with Yuna to make sure she wasn't left behind.

It's been almost 15 minutes of running but Tzuyu finally started slowing down. She looked around frantically waiting.

They just stood there at the intersection of a road. Tzuyu's eyes continue to dart around but she relaxes once she sees a dark figure running at them. Tzuyu says, "Listen up. Do you two see that massive building?"

Yuna and Huening Kai turn to where Tzuyu's facing. It's a massive hotel. Tzuyu says, "On the count of three, we sprint towards the hotel. I'll get Jungkook and we'll be safe. Okay?"

They both nod and Tzuyu counts down.

One.

Two.

Three.

At an instant, Huening Kai and Yuna sprint towards the massive building. Tzuyu stood still and waited for Jungkook to catch up.

Yuna and Huening Kai made it inside and quickly turn to wait for their saviors.

Jungkook finally caught up to Tzuyu but as he was in arms reach, he collapsed onto the ground. Tzuyu's eyes widen and she gasps.

She crouches down and tries to help him stand.

Jungkook chuckles, "Sorry, I kind of got hurt." Tzuyu shrieks once she sees the large pool of blood staining his shirt. She gently lifts it up to see several bite marks.

Tzuyu looks away, if she kept staring at the wounds she might have passed out. She inhaled and exhales.

Tzuyu puts Jungkook on her back and starts running towards the hotel.

Jungkook says weakly, "Just let me go, you know you won't make it."

Tzuyu stays quiet and continues to struggle with the weight on her back.

Jungkook says, "Tzuyu, you know you have to. I'll be fine just get in the hotel."

"You won't make it, just go to the kids. They need you more."

"Tzuyu, please, let me-"

"SHUT UP!"

Jungkook starts to tear up once he hears Tzuyu's broken scream. Her breathing picks up and she suddenly grows exhausted.

Jungkook says, "Please, you have to live. I don't want to see you get hurt."

Tzuyu tears up and finally falls on the ground. She turns to meet his eyes. Tzuyu whispers, "I love you."

The two teens stare through the glass doors at the fading fog of the snowy day. They glance at the two figures slowly being chased by zombie and they gasp knowing they won't make it.

Huening Kai suddenly turns Yuna so she doesn't witness the horrendous sight.

Yuna freezes in tears while Huening Kai closes his eyes trying to take in what he just saw.

Suddenly, a woman speaks up, "Who are you?"

To be continued...