Chapter 26: Normal

After 2 years of rebuilding and curing, everyone's lives slowly returned to normal. Jimin, Mina, Ryujin, and Jeongin were reunited after Mina's efforts of bring her family back together. After they fixed everything in Korea, they stuck to their plans on moving to Japan.

Jeongin and Ryujin finished high school in Japan and they told their parents that they wanted to study in Korea for college. Mina and Jimin decided that they should just move back because it was the most ideal for family to stay close. So they went along with them to drop them to university then find a nice house just for the two of them.

As for Jeongin and Ryujin... When Jeongin was cured back in the apocalypse, he got to make friends with Hyunjin, Chan, and Somi. He ended up staying in contact with them throughout his stay in Japan because he didn't know a lot of Japanese so it was awkward for him to make any close friends despite the large group of females calling him cute and adorable.

Ryujin kept in contact with her friend group and Beomgyu the entire time. She knew a little bit of Japanese basics and she was an expert in saying, "Sorry, I have a boyfriend." in Japanese. Although it was a long distance relationship, her and Beomgyu were still the bestest of friends and the closest couple.

As Jimin and Mina walk in front of their kids in the airport looking like the expensive royal couple they are, Jeongin and Ryujin followed behind them pulling their own luggage. Ryujin's eyes were glued on her phone while Jeongin repeatedly made sure she didn't run into a wall or trip on someone's stuff.

"THAT'S MY GIRLFRIEND!"

Ryujin's eyes widen as she hears his voice and Mina and Jimin stop walking to glance at the tall guy with a large sign. There was a poorly drawn heart with a messy text of Ryujin's name. Jeongin chuckles, "Cute." While Ryujin's face started turning red in second-hand embarrassment. Jimin smiles seeing him and is quickly reminded of him in his younger days while Mina stares at him in complete disbelief.

He was loud.

Everyone around Beomgyu looked at him weirdly as he waved the sign back and forth. Ryujin covers her face with one hand and the other pulls her luggage as she rushes to him to shut him up. Beomgyu smiles brightly and puts the sign down then opens his arms for a hug. Instead of what he was expecting, Ryujin punches his arm and he winces at the sudden sting. Beomgyu chuckles, "What was that for?"

Ryujin looks around embarrassed and says, "You're so embarrassing!" He smiles and squeezes her cheek, "You act like you hate it but you secretly love it, right?" Ryujin can only let out a laugh of disbelief as he embraces her in a hug. Ryujin finally relaxes as he sways with her in his arms, "I missed you. I forgot what you smelled like." She continues to let out chuckles as she says, "You're making it weird... But I missed you too and ummm you smell great."

Beomgyu moves his head back to make eye contact and he replies, "I also forgot what these taste like." As he said that, he tapped her lips with his pointer finger. She smirks along with him but a hand comes in between their lips before anything happens. They looked to the side and Jeongin quickly backs away from Ryujin. He bows, "Hi, Mr. Park!"

Mina walks to Jimin's side and Beomgyu bows again, "Hi mom!" Jimin's eyes widen, "What? Mom? Why is he calling you that? Did I miss something?" Mina chuckles and says, "You look great, Beomgyu." Jimin turns to her, "What? Did something happen? I'm so confused!" Mina smiles and takes Ryujin's luggage from her hands. She says, "We'll text you which hotel we're at, don't stay late."

Ryujin's smile brightens as Jimin stands there confused. He turns to Mina and she says, "I'll tell you on the way." Jimin says a bit unsure, "S-she is an adult. Right, she's not a baby anymore. And it's better that we have less people in the hotel!" He suddenly smiles as he tells Mina, "We have to find a way to get rid of Jeongin so it's just us two." Mina rolls her eyes with a smile as Jeongin stood behind them confused, "What?"

Ryujin and her family planned to stay at a hotel while her parents were house shopping and her and Jeongin were waiting for the semester to start. Mina and Jimin were able to dump Jeongin onto Chan, Hyunjin, and Somi so they spent their time alone in the hotel. Jeongin was rescued only weeks after the crew started curing zombies so he had time to connect with the others in the friend group during the end of the apocalypse. He grew close to the other three and frequently stayed in contact and hung out with them.

Now, Ryujin walked by Beomgyu's side as they chose to wander around the city. He says, "I really missed you." Ryujin replies, "Me too. Online meeting isn't just as fun as normal meeting." Beomgyu nods then says, "So do you miss anything from Japan?" She thinks for a bit and says, "Umm... we only stayed there for a year."

Beomgyu quickly adds, "But you're Shin Ryujin. You definitely made a lot of friends." She playfully glares, "What does that mean?" He smiles and squeezes her cheek, "It means that you're cool, chic, and awesome so people just throw themselves at you." She chuckles, "You're those things too you know."

Beomgyu nods then asks, "So?" Ryujin says, "Well, I did make friends. I guess I miss them." He suddenly gets defensive, "Right, so you miss Mark?" She suddenly lets out a loud laugh, "I knew it. I already told you, we're friends. You said it yourself, it's no surprise I made friends so why are you so defensive about him only?"

Beomgyu scoffs, "What do mean him only? Plus it's a bit suspicious that you met a Korean friend in a Japanese school. Is he following you?" She replies, "Pshh, I remember that call we had when I told you we were friends. You wouldn't stop texting me that night. Plus, it was an international school." He chuckles, "I don't get jealous." Ryujin replies, "I never said you did." He replies, "I never said I did."

Ryujin rolls her eyes and replies with a teasing smile, "But yeah, I miss Mark Lee." Beomgyu lets out a loud single laugh and says, "Okay, you're being mean."

Ryujin quickly takes a hold of his hand and asks, "Who's hand am I holding right now?" He eyes her suspiciously, "Mine." She says, "Who are you?" He replies, "Choi Beomgyu." She smiles and slaps his butt, "Who's butt did I just smack?" He replies, "Choi Beomgyu."

Ryujin stops and kisses his cheek and asks, "Who's cheek did I kiss?"

He replies a bit flustered, "Choi Beomgyu."

Ryujin then asks, "And who's my only boyfriend who I love very much???"

He scoffs and pulls her closer so he could put his arm over her shoulder. He says, "Choi Beomgyu."

Ryujin nods, "That's right. Now can you stop being a jealous baby and lets go do something fun." Beomgyu chuckles, "I wasn't jealous... but yeah I was thinking of getting something to eat then we can rent some couple bikes and go Han River."

Ryujin smiles, "Perfect." As he glances at her hand intertwined with his, he then asks, "So do you need help finding clothes for Hyuka's dinner?"

to be continued...