Chapter 15: The Video

Beomgyu, Ryujin, Taehyun, and Chaeryeong

Taehyun asks, "Yeah, I know about Uncle Jin's hotel. We were actually planning to go there before you two broke into my house."

Ryujin smile, "Perfect! What was your plan?" Chaeryeong says, "We have a car and it should have enough gas to get us to the hotel. We're running out of food but there should be enough for one dinner for all four of us."

Ryujin asks, "How much gas does the car have?" Taehyun thinks, "Not sure but it should be near a full tank." She nods her head and starts thinking but Beomgyu wasn't dumb, he knew her too well.

Beomgyu hisses, "You better not be thinking what I think you're thinking." Ryujin stays quiet while the other two stare at him. Chaeryeong asks, "What are you thinking?"

Beomgyu says, "Don't do it Ryujin, you're only putting them in danger." Taehyun and Chaeryeong exchange glances as Ryujin speaks up, "How can I not think about it? I'm still anxious knowing my mom is out there, if we have enough gas then why not drive around to look for her."

Taehyun asks, "Y-your mom is out there alone?" Ryujin and Beomgyu says, "Hey, she chose to be alone. I promised her to protect Ryujin and make sure I get this video to Jin at his hotel."

Chaeryeong asks, "What video?" Beomgyu pulls out the phone and says, "The one in this phone." Taehyun asks, "Have you watched it?" Beomgyu says, "Well, no. But why should-"

Ryujin takes it from him and says, "If mom said this was of utmost importance then it is, so there's no harm in watching, right?" Chaeryeong says, "It might tell us something important too. I say we watch it." Taehyun nods and Beomgyu sighs, "She never said we shouldn't watch it."

The all sit side by side as Beomgyu turns on the phone and goes to the only video.

"Hello? Is this on?"

"If it's blinking red then it's recording."

"Can you two hurry up? I can't hold them off forever."

"Jeongyeon, go help her. I'll finish the video."

Namjoon takes the camera and focuses it on his face. He smiles, "Umm day 4 of apocalypse number 2. Dubu Squad reporting. I'm Kim Namjoon and if you're seeing this video, then you have a heavy burden placed on your shoulders and we're probably dead but who cares, hahahaha... Anyway!

It recently started snowing and winter is beginning. At first, I didn't see any problems until I realized how dangerous it is. Unlike the past apocalypse which happened near summer, it's freezing cold outside. We can't resort to taking our clothes off to adapt to the temperature and our vehicles takes a while to warm up plus the roads are either extremely slippery, covered in snow, or both at the same time. Not only that, the zombies are nearly impossible to cure.

At first, the Dubu Squad were curing zombies using fire and burning near their hearts to kill the parasite but this weather won't allow us to do it anymore. The heat from our flamethrowers won't reach the heart fast enough and it takes over five times the normal time it would usually take.

It's like we're trying to defrost a human. It's pointless. So I came up with a new plan.

Whoever finds this video, take it to Jin's hotel. Sarranghae Hotel at 2129 Black Swan Street. Give this video to Jin and Nayeon and tell them to wait until Spring before they start curing the zombies. Tell them to be strong and hold out."

Namjoon looks away from the camera as a loud crash sends him flying.

He runs back to the camera and they overhead a loud yell, "THE ROAD WAS SLIPPERY DON'T BLAME ME!"

"IS EVERYONE OKAY!"

"WE HAVE TO DITCH THE EAGLE BUS!"

"NO! MY BABY!"

Namjoon looks back at the camera he says quickly, "The zombies are made through parasite which infect the body and head to the heart. The cure is extreme heat and despite the host body screaming in pain and groaning through the heat, they will be cured. Parasites will never kill the host body but only take its energy from it. Zombies can not swim and hate the sun. Killing a zombie with a gun or any weapon means you're hurting the host body and will damage the human! This is the basic knowledge of the apocalypse. Whoever finds this, please send it to Jin, Nayeon, and the others! Stay hydrated! I'm entrusting this to you."

"WAIT! I WANT TO TALK TO THEM TOO!"

Suddenly, girl with fair skins takes the camera. "Hello, I'm Captain Kim Dahyun, leader of the Dubu Squad. Whoever you are, I would like to say that you're gonna do great! Believe in yourself! You'll make it out alive! Jeongyeon, you want to say anything to the survivors?"

Another girl takes the camera and she says more seriously, "I doubt that whatever stranger finds this is capable of surviving long enough. I advise you to use every last of your strength to find either Myoui Mina, Jeon Jungkook, Chou Tzuyu, Min Yoongi, Son Chaeyoung, or Kim Taehyung. They're probably still alive and they are the most capable of taking care of the zombies. If you stay with any of them, I promise you that you'll be safe. Good luck, stay healthy."

"JEONGYEON! WE HAVE TO GO!"

"AHHHHH!"

Namjoon takes the camera and smiles one last time, "Dubu Squad, out."

The video ends and the four teens exchange glances. Chaeryeong asks, "Who were they?"

Taehyun whispers, "They were close friends with my parents."

Beomgyu says, "Ryujin's mom said they were the most skilled zombie hunters." Ryujin says, "Aunt Dahyun did give off those vibes of a zombie hunter." Taehyun nods and Chaeryeong asks, "What is that even supposed to mean?"

Ryujin ignores the question and says with disbelief, "She mentioned my mom's name." Beomgyu asks, "Do you know the others?" Ryujin nods and says, "I've met them whenever they visited my parents."

Taehyun adds, "They mentioned my dad's name too. And I also recognize the others." Chaeryeong whispers, "But we don't know where they are or if they're alive."

Beomgyu says, "Doesn't matter, we don't need their help. I believe we can do this. There are four of us and your your parent's children. Their blood runs through your veins so I bet that you'll have it in you too." Chaeryeong smiles at Taehyun, "Yeah, you saved me and took care of me. I trust you with my life." Taehyun blushes and Ryujin says, "Then it's settled, we're heading to Saranghae Hotel."

Beomgyu says, "Well, we have our mission but we're missing something. Should we think of a team name?" Ryujin chuckles, "Sounds childish."

Beomgyu says, "Hey, we can be as respected as the Dubu Squad. Plus I think it's really cool." Taehyun says, "I like the idea too. Maybe we can call ourselves Tomorrow because that's what we're saving."

Beomgyu says, "Hmm, tomorrow. I like the ring to it. We'll save Tomorrow together." Taehyun says, "Tomorrow!" Beomgyu adds, "Together!"

They cross each other's forearm creating an X as they both yell, "Cross!"

Ryujin and Chaeryeong sit side by side. Ryujin says, "He's so cute." Chaeryeong smiles, "Yeah, he is."

To be continued...