Chapter 23: Fixed

Beomgyu, Taehyun, Chaeryeong, and Ryujin

"Mom?"

Mina stares at her daughter with a look of worry and sadness. She whispers, "I thought you were at the hotel." Ryujin's grip on the gun tightens as she puts it down and whispers, "You should've made sure I got there before you left me."

Namjoon clears his throat, "Awkward... We can bring you there though. Just pick up your things and lets go." Ryujin suddenly remembers about Beomgyu and says, "Wait! Beomgyu needs medical attention! He can't move and he's gonna bleed out if we don't do anything!"

Namjoon glances back at the tall teen with a serious wound on his collarbone. He turns to Jeognyeon and says, "Well, that's your specialty." Jeongyeon walks up with a small bag in her hand and sits next to Beomgyu.

"Hi, Aunt Mina!"

Mina turns her head and her eyes widen seeing Taehyun by hiimself. She stutters, "W-what are you doing here?" Taehyun looks at her confused and she whispers, "Why are you here alone?" Taehyun replies still confused, "Huh? I'm here with them oh and this is Chaeryeong, my girlfriend!"

Chaeryeong suddenly blushes hearing Taehyun immediately brag about having her as his girlfriend but Mina's mind was somewhere else. Mina asks, "Where's your parents, Taehyun? Where are Sana and Taehyung? Shouldn't they be with you?" Taehyun suddenly remembers that she didn't know about what happened to his parents and he whispers, "T-they... they got turned into zombies..."

Mina stares at him with teary eyes as Dahyun suddenly walks up, "We'll find them too, don't worry Mina. But for now our number one priority should be their son and his cute girlfriend, right?" Mina nods her head and Dahyun walks up to the two. She asks, "Are you two injured?"

Chaeryeong whispers, "My neck is a bit sore from the whiplash but I'm fine." Taehyun responds, "Just cuts and bruises." Dahyun smiles, "Well, lets patch those up then I'll teach you how to shoot zombies." The two look at her excited as Dahyun brings out another bag.

Mina notices Ryujin sitting next to Jeongyeon who was treating Beomgyu and she moves to her side. She notices that Ryujin didn't pay any attention to her and kept her hands on Beomgyu's.

Jeongyeon finishes tightening his bandaids and cleaning as much blood as possible. She smiles and turns to Ryujin, "He'll be fine. He should rest for a few hours before he can move. I should check up on you."

Ryujin nods her head and Mina suddenly speaks up, "I'll check on her." Jeongyeon smiles at Mina, "Yeah, that sounds like a better idea."

Ryujin then turns to her mother who shows her a sorry smile. Ryujin turns from her as Mina sighs and brings out a first aid kit. She whispers, "I know you're still mad at me."

Ryujin keeps her silence as Mina whispers, "You can be mad. It's my fault. I shouldn't have kept the fact that we were moving to Japan a secret from you and Jeongin. I shouldn't have froze when the zombies took your brother. And I should've led you guys here before looking for your dad and brother. It's just... I was mad at myself and I couldn't live with the guilt of letting that happen to them. I'm sorry for being a terrible mom..."

Ryujin relaxes her shoulders and Mina quickly places her hands on them to massage her and check for bruises and cuts. Mina whispers, "This was all my fault... If I didn't freeze back then, we could've been all safe and together but... I was scared and I froze. I couldn't protect my son nor my husband. Then I left my daughter alone because I was selfish and only thought of my guilt and my regrets. So... you can stay mad until I find them."

Ryujin suddenly whispers, "C-can you really find them?" Mina smiles hearing her daughter speak back and she says, "Of course, I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I didn't. Plus, with their help we can do anything." Ryujin glances to the side to see Taehyun and Chaeryeong completely in trance with Dahyun's story.

Dahyun says, "Then the icy roads caused us to flip over and the entire bus rammed into the wall! I was like 'WHAT THE FUCK?' and Jeongyeon was screaming in fear, hahahaha. Namjoon was off crying about something but we survived and only Namjoon got hurt!"

Mina moves her hand away and turns Ryujin away so they're face to face. Mina stares into her eyes as Ryujin can't help but tear up. Mina pulls her close to a tight hug and closes her eyes letting her tears free. Ryujin can't help but cry again and whispering in her ear, "I'm so sorry... I shouldn't have left the car or rebelled against you. It's just... you said we were gonna leave to Japan all of a sudden and I was so mad that I was gonna leave my friends and Beomgyu... I was just so mad and angry at you and my judgement was clouded. Now we're in this mess and everyone that tries to protect me either leaves or gets hurt. And I'm-"

Ryujin suddenly pauses to stop herself from crying and she continues, "I'm sorry, It's all my fault and I keep blaming you and I can't think. I just want everything to be normal again."

Mina pats her head softly and whispers, "It's not your fault, princess... Everything is gonna be fine... I promise. I'll make sure everything turns back to normal."

Ryujin nods her head as the tears continue to flow.

Jeongyeon smiles, "Wow so heartwarming." Namjoon walks by her side and says, "Not really... it kind of is Mina's fault for suddenly leaving them like that." She turns and glares at him, "You're ruining the moment."

"Is that my phone?"

Taehyun looks at Dahyun confused as she takes her cell phone straight from her backpack. She smiles, "Wow, I thought I lost it forever. I had so many pictures on this thing." Namjoon turns to them and says, "Wait, Jin and Nayeon never got the video."

Jeongyeon adds, "I bet they figured it out by now, it's been forever since it started snowing." Namjoon whispers, "But I thought it would be super cool if they got that video and thought we were dead then boom, Dubu Squad." She chuckles, "This isn't some action movie."

Mina then stands up and separates from Ryujin and glances at the bandaged and shirtless Beomgyu. She turns to Ryujin and says, "You can watch over him but no touching." Ryujin nods pretending she'll obey that and Mina turns to walk to the others to decide on what to do.

Ryujin softly holds Beomgyu's hand and whispers, "You better stay alive."

Beomgyu suddenly speaks up with a groan, "I guess, I'll die." Her eyes widen as he smirks with his eyes closed. Ryujin whispers, "How long have you been awake?" He replies quietly, "Just overheard everything, it was wholesome." Ryujin blushes and he flutters his eyes open and whispers, "Uh, sorry Miss Ryujin. No touching."

Ryujin pulls her hand from his and punches his stomach causing him to wince in pain as Beomgyu whispers, "That really hurt." She smirks and says, "So let me touch you." Beomgyu opens his eyes and turns to her with another sly smirk. He replies, "Your mother is right behind you."

Ryujin's eyes widen and she turns abruptly to see Mina with her arms folded and a motherly glare. Ryujin chuckles nervously, "I-I was joking. We joke around like this."

Mina raises her eyebrow and says, "What have you two been doing ever since I was gone?" Ryujin blushes and says, "MOM!!! That's personal!" Mina asks, "Did you sleep with him?" Ryujin gasps, "WHAT!? I wouldn't sleep with anyone before I get married! MOM, that's gross! I'm your daughter! You raised me better than that! No premarital sex, that's what you and dad always told us."

Jeongyeon suddenly appears out of nowhere and puts her arm around Mina's shoulder. She casually says, "You know your mom got pregnant with Jeongin before she married your dad?" Ryujin's eyes widen, "Gross." Mina then says unfazed, "And this better not end up like my story where I find out your pregnant. You're still in high school! You're not even an adult yet!"

Ryujin looks away and whines, "We didn't do anything! I promise!!"

Beomgyu closes his eyes again to rest but he wears a smile knowing that she wasn't telling the truth at all.

to be continued...