Chapter 16: Stories

Soobin, Lia, Huening Kai, and Yuna

Kai lies on his back staring at the ceiling bored while Soobin walks in to check on him. Soobin asks, "You good?" The younger replies, "I'm bored."

Soobin sighs and says, "Me too."

Huening Kai says, "Who would've thought being forced to stay inside a 5 star hotel would get boring..." Soobin asks, "Where's Yuna?" Hyuka pouts, "Why are you asking about her? I'm right here."

Soobin chuckles and says, "I'd think you would go to her if you were bored." Kai sighs and says, "I don't know... We were just talking last night and I guess I said something but she hasn't spoken to me since." Soobin asks, "Did you try talking to her?" Kai responds confused, "Huh?"

Soobin says, "You know... asking her what's wrong." Kai smirks and says, "You seem very skilled in relationship stuff, do you have a secret girlfriend or something?"

Soobin's eyes widen and he suddenly gets defensive, "What!? It's just the common sense thing to do! If a girl stops talking to you and you think it's your fault then shouldn't you go talk to her about it and maybe clear up a misunderstanding or work on the problem that was there! I don't have a girlfriend and I don't see why you would think I have one!"

Hyuka smirks, "I see I struck a nerve." Soobin blushes and the two suddenly hear a voice.

"God, you're so cute."

The two turn their heads a full 180 to see Jin and Nayeon sitting under the door frame. Soobin's face turns even more red and Nayeon smiles, "So adorable!" Jin smiles like a proud dad, "Reminds me of myself back when I was in high school."

Nayeon playfully glares at him and says, "So like 60 years ago?" Jin rolls his eyes and says to the the boys, "Let's go, I heard you two were bored."

Hyuka asks confused, "How long have you two been standing there?" Soobin says really quietly and shyly, "You should've knocked." Jin gestures at the door, "You left it wide open so I thought you didn't care about privacy." Nayeon smiles and says, "It's none of my business, but I agree with Soobin on his advice."

Soobin keeps his blush and continues to feel embarrassed, "T-thanks." Hyuka smiles, "I'll try it out." Jin says, "One of you call the girls, we can have a story time with hot chocolate in like a makeshift campfire to cure your boredom."

...

"Cut my hair."

Lia looks at Yuna confused, "What?"

Yuna blushes and hands Lia a knife. Lia backs away in fear and stutters, "W-what are you doing!?"

Yuna says shyly, "Cut my hair, I'm too scared to do it myself!" Lia asks, "Why do you need to cut your hair and can you find anything safer to use?" Yuna says, "Just because.... and I couldn't find any scissors!"

Lia asks suspiciously, "I thought you said you loved your long hair." Yuna replies, "I do but-"

Lia smiles teasingly, "But what?" Yuna turns shy and says, "Keep it a secret." Lia nods her head and says, "I promise."

Yuna says shyly, "H-hyuka and I were talking last night..." Lia nods her head, "Mhmmm."

Yuna says, "And you know we were talking about normal stuff! What music we liked and other stuff we liked like umm... movies... food.... people." Lia's eyes suddenly widen, "What was that last one?"

Yuna says, "We were talking about the perfect boyfriend or girlfriend! He went first and he said he finds girls with short hair pretty!" Lia suddenly breaks into laughter leaving Yuna completely flustered and embarrassed.

Lia continues to fall on the ground laughing while murmuring "So cute!" in between her loud laughs. Yuna stares at the ground blushing and embarrassed and she whispers, "I'm still holding a knife in my hand."

Lia sits up and stares back at Yuna and says, "I doubt he cares about your hair more than you do. You're overthinking this." Yuna says, "Just cut it! Hair grows back!" Lia places a hand over Yuna's and says, "Give me the knife." Yuna hands it to her and she tosses it on the table.

Lia says, "If he'll like you, it wouldn't be about the length of your hair. Plus, I'm scared I might accidently stab you."

knock knock

Lia turns to the door and opens it seeing Soobin stare at her a bit scared. She asks, "What's wrong?" He whispers, "Were you gonna stab her?"

Lia playfully asks, "How much did you hear?" Soobin gulps and Yuna suddenly pops up behind Lia. He sighs in relief then says, "They want us to go downstairs for some fake campfire and hot chocolate fun."

The two girls smiles excitedly and run down.

They notice that Jin made a fake campfire and set up fake trees which were in storage for Christmas decorations. Nayeon walks in with a cart filled with mugs of hot chocolate and Kai was sitting with a Santa hat on.

Jin jokes, "Hoes, hoes, hoes gather around the campfire." Nayeon smacks his head and says angrily, "How old are you?" Jin smirks playfully and leads them all to sit in a circle.

Nayeon quickly hands everyone the hot chocolate and once she finished she suddenly gasps, "Is that mistletoe?" The four teens quickly look up in panic and their eyes widen seeing Nayeon hold it in between Soobin and Kai.

Nayeon smiles with her gums and whispers creepily, "Go head, kiss."

Soobin blushes and Kai teasingly says, "I'll do it if you're down." Soobin's eyes widen, "Y-Yah!"

Jin takes it from her hand and throws the mistletoe in the fire saying, "You're a creep." She giggles in response and Jin grabs a chair for him and Nayeon.

Jin says, "Since you're all bored and it's winter time, I'd say we do stories. I usually don't like saying I'm old but I do have a lot of stories dating to my idol days and the apocalypse days."

Soobin asks, "Oh yeah! You were pretty prepared for this apocalypse! I never got to ask you why." Kai, Lia, and Yuna then turn to the two older and Jin says, "Well, we weren't alone in the last-" He suddenly pauses as the flood of memories fill his mind. His facial expression unknowingly grow sad and Nayeon also looks at the ground saddened by the memory of her friends.

Soobin turns panicked and turns to the others who were equally as confused. Jin says but in a more serious and quiet tone, "There were others. We actually... had a plan in case it'll happen again." The four teens start to understand the situation as Jin lets out a bittersweet laugh, "Haha, I guess we should've followed through but-" Nayeon interrupts, "They'll be here."

Jin turns to her and brings out a smile, "Right, so while we wait we can share embarrassing stories." Nayeon nods trying to stay optimistic. Jin turns to them, "So my friend got someone pregnant right before the apocalypse..."

to be continued...