Chapter 31: Dinner

Kai and Yuna

"Lia unnie?"

Yuna answers her phone a bit confused. She planned to go shopping for something to wear for Hyuka's dinner the next day. Kai and Yuna just graduated high school because they were relatively younger than everyone else in their friend group. The dinner was some sort of way to celebrate but it's not all that happy. 

Finishing high school meant that they had to find a college or start to pursue a career. Yuna, like her friends, enrolled in a school in Korea but Kai decided to go back to Hawaii with his family to finish his studies. 

Yuna was starting to get anxious for several reasons. One was that she loved Kai with all her heart but the long distance relationship scares her because she'd be so far from him. She wouldn't be able to be there if he needed her and she wouldn't be there when he'd be happy. But these thoughts were also in Kai's mind. Sure, he was an eccentric, loud, and very active but he always had a soft spot for Yuna. He'd tone it down when he notices that she's not in the mood for his shenanigans or he'd be more crazy just to cheer him up. The fact that there won't be anyone to notice if she's in a bad move and either help her or tell everyone else to back off is something Kai was worried about. 

They were still young and lots of people say high school couples never last but they wanted it to last. A long distance relationship wasn't helping them.

That was something in the future Yuna was worrying about. Another one was Hyuka's dinner. Kai wanted to do something before leaving so he asked Jin for a favor and sadly Jin said no but Nayeon said yes which is what mattered. 

He got a table just for his friends with the addition of Hyunjin, Somi, Jeongin, and Chan. Hyuka was going to keep it within their friends group but ended up abusing the fact that Nayeon said that everything was on the house. It was at a fancy restaurant in Saranghae Hotel so they decided to dress up. It was like their play dinner during the apocalypse but real and with actual food and clothes. 

Clothes. 

That's what Yuna was worried about. She didn't have any fancy clothes or dresses because she never felt the need to buy them. You'd expect someone with model-like proportions and features would have elegant dresses but she had none. Yuna wanted to go shopping with Lia but the older suddenly called her just a few minutes before they'd meet up. 

"W-what? But I need you, unnie~~" 

Yuna whines as Lia makes up an excuse to not go with her. It's not that Lia was actually busy or that she didn't want to go but there was more to it. Yuna says, "Please~~ I need someone to help me pick out a dress! I don't want to look bad tomorrow." Lia says a bit sadly, "I'm sorry, Yuna." 

Yuna ends up calling Yeji but she said she was with Yeonjun. She tried Chaeryeong but she was eating lunch with her sisters. Ryujin didn't even answer her phone. 

Yuna pouts staring at her contact list not knowing who else to call and she starts to panic. She would get the dress by herself but she wouldn't be able to make the decision because she'd question her choice every time. She needed someone to add the certainty and help her make the decision. Yuna wanted to look perfect because she knew Kai deserved a perfect girl. 

Yuna sucks it up and stands up clenching her fists. She says, "Fine, I'll do it myself!" She rushes out her shared dorm and suddenly stops seeing a trail of roses on the floor. She rolls her eyes and says, "Who dropped a bunch of roses on the ground and didn't clean it up?" She walks past it but quickly notices that someone must've left it for her. She followed it down the hallway of their dorm building and it lead to some random room. Yuna stares at it a bit scared and whispers, "Is this a trap?"