Chapter 22: Alive

Hyunjin, Somi, and Yeonjun

"We have to go find her."

"We have enough supplies to last us two more days out in the winter if we eat only one meal a day and minimize the water we drink."

"We don't have a lot of ammo but we could find something in here to use as weapons."

Somi stares at the two guys unsure of their plan. She whispers, "Shouldn't our first priority be surviving? Don't you hear those thuds? The zombies are still knocking on our door yet you're here planning a journey outside this building. We don't even know how to get out."

The two guys look at her and Yeonjun says, "Listen, Yeji should be out number one prio-"

Somi interrupts, "Listen here, Renjun-"

Yeonjun corrects, "My name is Yeonjun."

Somi chuckles, "Whatever- but we can't help your girlfriend or even look for her without leaving this building. We've been stuck here for days and those zombies haven't left us at all. You should think of a plan to get us safely out of here before you think about your romantic rescue mission."

Hyunjin and Yeonjun suddenly silence themselves while Somi says, "I'm not saying I have a plan but we have to take this step by step. Step 1 is getting out of here safely. Step 2 can be look for Yeji."

Hyunjin says, "Do people still use gas powered stoves?" Somi says, "This is a coffee shop why would they need a stove? Plus, everything is electrical these days." Yeonjun turns to the counter and whispers, "We have to find something. Yeji could be in danger, she must be so scared right now. Why aren't you more panicked than I am? You're her brother? Aren't you worried?"

Hyunjin scoffs, "Of course I'm worried. You're just showing it more." Somi teases, "Because he likes her~~" Yeonjun rolls his eyes, "No time to be joking. She could be stuck somewhere in the freezing cold right now. She needs our help-"

BANG

BANG

BANG BANG BANG

The three suddenly pause hearing gunshots from outside. Suddenly a voice yells out, "HELLO!? ANYONE IN THERE?"

Yeonjun turns to the door and whispers, "Do I miss her too much or did I just hear Yeji?"

Beomgyu, Ryujin, Taehyun, and Chaeryeong

"Are you okay?"

Chaeryeong stares at Taehyun teary eyed and tries her best not to break down in tears, "You're bleeding, how could you be worrying about me?" Taehyun groans as he removes his seatbelt and Chaeryeong gasps seeing the fragments of glass falling from his clothes. Taehyun says, "Can you open your door?"

Chaeryeong nods and stutters, "B-but there's a-" Taehyun whispers, "The zombie left... the car is emitting a lot of heat so it wanted to avoid it but we should get out in case it blows up. How are you two back there?"

Ryujin carefully takes the backpack from Beomgyu's unconscious body and tosses it to the front. She slowly removes his seatbelt quietly as she can't help but keep a blank expression. To the outside, some would call her cool and chic for keeping such a straight face and not panicking but in reality she was the most panicked in the car. She couldn't express her worry especially with Beomgyu barely living right next to her.

Ryujin fights back her tears and shaky hands as she unfastens his seatbelt and tries her best to pull him closer to her. Chaeryeong opens her door carefully and Taehyun was quick to jump over to her side to exit the car. He hands her the backpack and Chaeryeong puts it on her back. Taehyun then opens Ryujin's door and helps her out. He tries to take Beomgyu into his arms but she hops him on her own back and whispers, "Just worry about Chaeryeong...."