Chapter 19: Run

Chan and Yeji

"Z-zombies? I was a zombie?"

Yeji nods her head and he says, "And you said some angel saved my life?" She replies, "Umm, well kind of. She looked like one so I just you know..." Chan says, "And Hyunjin and Somi were watching over me before this? And who was the other one... your boyfriend, what was his name..."

Yeji replies, "Yeonjun... and we're not... nevermind." Chan says, "And the hotel, we have to go there?" Yeji nods her head as Chan looks outside the small convenience store they were in. Chan says, "So can we outrun the zombies?" Yeji asks, "Do you run fast?"

Chan smirks, "Ha, do I run fast? I should be asking you." Yeji says, "Sort of... I guess." Chan stands and stretches, "Well, if you're anything like your brother then we should be fine." Yeji nods her head and whispers, "I hope they're fine..."

Chan reassures, "Knowing how Somi is when she's mad... they'll be fine. I'd be worried about the zombies. Plus, your brother took care of zombie me for so long and your boyfriend-"

"He's not-"

Chan continues, "Fine, Yeonjun. Those two will be fine, they'd help both of us stay alive so far so let's do them a favor and survive." Yeji says, "I don't even know what's in that hotel..." He looks out the window and says, "Well, I can see the lights from here so there's electricity and probably other humans. So let's not question the angel lady who saved both of our lives."

Yeji chuckles and nods her head as Chan extends his hand to help her up. He glances at her and says, "Think of it as a race, if I win then that guy is your boyfriend and if you win them um... I'll kiss your brother the next time I see him." Yeji smiles and nods her head.

The two suddenly break open the door of the convenience store and sprint through the could winter breeze. It was fairly sunny so there wasn't much zombies but the ones that were there couldn't keep up with the two.

JiNayeon, Soobin, Lia, Huening Kai, and Yuna

"So then we hid Sana and told Taehyung that she got eaten then he shot-"

"I WIN!"

Jin suddenly stops his story and turns his head to the entrance of the lobby. The rest join them and glance at the two new visitors. Both of them were panting with their hands on their knees. The guy says, "Ha, I bet you made me win just so you could say he was your boyf-" The girl punches his arm with the last of her strength.

Jin stands up and waves at them, "Umm, hey!"

The two look at the group surrounding a fake campfire. Lia whispers, "Yeji?"

Yeji squints her cat like eyes, "Lia?"

Chan glances at the two confused and says, "What a coincidence."

Nayeon asks, "Chan?"

Bang Chan glances at her, "Grandma?" Nayeon playfully glares, "Fuck off." He smiles cheekily at the older woman as Jin approaches them.

Jin questions, "Ummm, do you want some hot chocolate?"

Lia and Yuna were quick to stand and sprint towards the girl and embraces her in a tight hug while Nayeon went up to check on Bang Chan. Jin brought Soobin and Kai to get some blankets and hot chocolate for the two.

Nayeon asks, "I'd never expect to see you run here of all places. How'd you know to go here?" Chan says, "Umm, Yeji told me this lady told us to run here. I was kind of a zombie and she cured me then told me to run here." Nayeon's eyes widen, "What did she look like?"

Chan says, "Umm, about your height she had brown hair in a ponytail, soft voice. That's what Yeji told me, I didn't really get a good look." Nayeon then asks, "S-so you didn't see your parents?" He shakes his head trying to keep his optimistic smile, "But we can save them, right? Like how I was saved."

Nayeon frowns slightly, "Of course, I'm just... don't be scared to feel sad okay?" Chan nods and Nayeon leads him to Soobin who hands him a mug and a blanket. Jin approaches Nayeon and asks, "How do you know the kid?"

Nayeon says, "Remember Roseane? Park Chaeyoung? She was a friend of Jennie and she was close with Son Chaeyoung so I got talk to her. And that's her nephew, they were pretty close for an aunt and nephew relationship but they were close." Jin nods his head and asks, "And why do you look like you saw a ghost?" She replies, "He said he was a zombie and someone saved him and told them to come here." Jin nods his head and says, "I knew they would be alive." Nayeon says, "And we need to talk to that girl to find out who it is."

Jin says, "It was probably just Dahyun or Jeongyeon. Remember, they were out with Namjoon on their bus." Nayeon says, "But he said lady which was singular... and it sounded like he was talking about Mina." He looks at her confused, "Why would Mina be out alone?" She whispers back, "That's why I was worried... what if something happened to her family and Taehyung and Sana didn't come here too. I thought they would be the first ones here."

Jin slowly puts his arm around her and says, "It's gonna be okay. If Mina is out there saving people then the others are definitely gonna make it. We just need to stay here and watch over these kids until we find out a plan to fix everything." Nayeon nods her head as they glance over the crowded teens.

"I'm not crying."

Yeji smiles feeling Lia's tears on her shoulder as Yuna hugged her other arm. Yuna whispers, "How come all of our friends end up in this hotel? It's weird." Lia smiles, "It's called Saranghae Hotel for a reason." Yeji chuckles and says, "How did you two get here? How long have you been here? Why is there a fake campfire?"

Lia backs away and wipes her tears, "Long story, but you're here and safe." Yuna chuckles, "So wanna bet on who gets here next? I say Ryujin." Yeji smiles and Lia chuckles awkwardly. Yuna bows her head, "Sorry, it was a bad joke."

Yeji interrupts, "No it's fine. It's just... I hope they get here and I hope everyone gets here." Her mind suddenly goes to her brother, Somi, and Yeonjun. They must've been worried sick...

Suddenly, Nayeon shows up with a blanket and hot chocolate, "Yeji, right?" Yeji nods her head as Nayeon hands her the mug and wraps the blanket around her. Nayeon says carefully, "I need you to tell me everything that happened to you so far and more details on what that girl looks like." Jin adds from a distance, "Yah, let the girl rest!"

Nayeon smiles, "After you rest, come to my room."

Yeji nods her head as Yuna and Lia excitedly guides her to the fake campfire.

to be continued...