Chapter 17: Hope

Yeonjun, Hyunjin, Yeji, Somi, and Zombie Chan

Yeonjun packs up all the canned foods and bottled waters in the kitchen. He stops doing his tasks hearing someone walk in. With a smile, he turns and says, "Hey-" He pauses noticing it wasn't Yeji.

Hyunjin stared at him confused while tying his hair into a makeshift ponytail. He asks, "Need help?" Yeonjun shakes his head and Hyunjin stands next to him by the kitchen counter. Hyunjin says, "Thanks."

Yeonjun's eyes widen as he looks up confused and Hyunjin looks straight down at the counter uncharacteristically shy. Yeonjun just nods his head and says, "No problem, if you need help-" Hyunjin speaks up, "Thanks for helping Yeji. I was really worried when I got home and didn't see her. There was a thought in the back of my head telling me she was gone like my parents but umm... I kept hoping she was alive. So thanks for you know... keeping her alive."

Yeonjun just nods his head as Hyunjin lets out a chuckle, "Don't tell her I said that though." Yeonjun smiles and laughs along him and says, "No promises." Yeonjun then says, "But it wasn't all me..." Hyunjin looks at him confused and Yeonjun says, "I ran into Yeji while running for my life and brought her along as we kept running through the streets. But there was this short couple who rescued us and we couldn't... we couldn't help them enough so they made it out."

Hyunjin asks, "And they're the ones who told you about this hotel." Yeonjun nods as he zips the backpack up, "And we're gonna find them there and thank them ourselves." Hyunjin smiles, "Great, I should thank them too."

Hyunjin and Yeonjun head to the living room to see Somi playing around with the pistol and Yeji watching her a bit scared. Yeonjun clears his throat and the two look at him. He says, "Umm... it's gonna be cold so we should raid some closets for coats or hats. Maybe we can sneak into the garage and high jack a car." Somi raises her hand, "I know how to high jack a car!"

Hyunjin asks a bit confused and scared at the same time, "Why do you know how to do that?" Somi says proudly, "My dad taught me when I was younger." Yeji turns to her equally shocked and scared. Yeonjun just nods, "Great and umm... what about?"

Somi turns to the tied up Bang Chan and says, "Oh him? He'll behave." Yeji sighs and says, "A lighter would be useful right now."

Somi and Hyunjin catch what she said and glance at each other. Hyunjin asks, "Do you smoke now?" Yeji turns to him offended, "What? Who said I smoked?" Hyunjin says, "You said you needed a lighter."

Yeji snaps, "For the zombie, you moron! Fire cures them!" Hyunjin snaps back, "I never knew that! If I did then Chan wouldn't be a zombie right now!" Yeji yells back, "Then why did you say I'm a smoker!" Hyunjin yells, "WHY ARE YOU SO MAD!? ARE YOU ON YOUR PERIOD?" Yeji stands up grabbing the gun from Somi's hand but Yeonjun was quick to take a hold of her wrist stopping her.

Yeji looks up to meet his eyes and suddenly calms down. Yeonjun says, "Great, let's get a move on. The mornings are slightly warmer than the nights. Ummm, do we have to put him on a leash?" Hyunjin stands next to Bang Chan and grabs the ropes and forms a makeshift leash which also acts as handcuffs.

Yeonjun says, "We could try using the oven but it's gas powered and I think we just ran out." Somi says, "Maybe the heat from a gunshot would be hot enough." Hyunjin stares at her coldly and she smiles, "Kidding."

The three then raid each closet looking for useful things as they prepare to journey to Jin's hotel.

Ryujin, Beomgyu, Taehyun, and Chaeryeong

Chaeryeong asks, "You still watching that thing?"

Taehyun turns to her as she rubs her eyes and slowly sits up from the couch. It's near midnight and they were sitting in the couch at Taehyun's living room. Chaeryeong slowly sits next to him and places her head on his shoulder. He blushes and says, "Ummm, yeah. I was looking for clues or anything that could help us."

Chaeryeong yawns and says, "We've watched it a hundred times. You should sleep. We're gonna leave right before dawn tomorrow." Taehyun can't help but smile feeling the weight of her head on his shoulder and he says, "Let me help you upstairs, I'll just sleep on the couch."

Chaeryeong smiles, "Carry me?" Taehyun frowns, "No." She picks her head up and looks at him offended as he cheekily smiles, "Just kidding." She rolls her eyes and he moves in front of her so she can hop on his back. He grunts as he quickly stands up and says, "You comfy back there?"

Chaeryeong could only nod her head as she leans it back down against his. Taehyun couldn't believe what was happening. A part of him thanked the apocalypse for happening because it led to him and Chaeryeong being alone which made them grow closer. It's as if the world wanted them to be a couple but of course it came at the price of all of society and his parents. But that's only temporary.

Taehyun slowly made his way up the stairs trying his best to give Chaeryeong the smoothest ride to his room. He suddenly feels her breath hit his neck and he asks, "You still awake?" She groans telling him that she's barely awake as he quickens his pace. As he opens the door to his room, he stops and stares at his bed.

Chaeryeong notices he stopped moving and picks her head up only to see the same sight.

Beogmyu laid on the bed back-hugging Ryujin with only a blanket around them. His lips were on her neck and there was no space in between them. The couple lied casually on Taehyun's bed with their eyes closed while Taehyung and Chaeryeong stared at them in disgust.

Chaeryeong whispers, "I forgot these two existed."

Taehyung whispers, "Gross, why on my bed?"

To be continued...