Chapter 10: Surviving

Taehyun and Chaeryeong

Taehyun glances at the sleeping Chaeryeong. They've been trapped in his room for days. All the midnight snacks he hid under his bed are gone. They ran out of water a long time ago and were forced to drink the disgusting rain water or take snow which landed on Taehyun's window and wait for it to melt.

Taehyun notices Chaeryeong started to look thin. He has to do something. They're just slowly dying.

His eyes dart to the door with the chair still blocking it. He slowly approaches it and places his ear trying to listen for anything. After a few minutes of silence, he opens the door.

Taehyun walks to the small hallway he's been roaming his entire life. He slowly opens each door upstairs to make sure nothing is there. Once he confirms they're alone upstairs, he slowly makes his way downstairs. Biting his lip, he expects to see his two zombie parents. But to his surprise, there's only bloodstains left on their tiled ground.

He gags smelling the dried up blood and looks around. Taehyun slowly makes it to the door to see it slightly opened and still in tact. He closes it and immediately locks it. He starts roaming around his house with more confidence once he knows he's alone.

Taehyun used chairs, tables, and family pictures to board up the windows and found the mop to clean the blood. This was the first time he was eager to clean his house and this resulted in him being done after 20 minutes.

Satisfied with himself, Taehyun pats his back and quickly makes his way to the fridge. It's only been a few days and it was freezing cold outside. Most of the stuff in the fridge should still be good.

Luckily, his family was one of the very few that still used gas powered stoves. So he quickly cooks up rice in a pot and finds some canned food. After preparing what they would consider a 5 star meal, he quietly walks up the stairs.

Taehyun slowly opens the door to see his girlfriend still sleeping. He smiles feeling proud of himself.

He gently nudges her side and she flutters her eyes open. Chaeryeong asks, "W-what's that smell?"

Her eyes fully widen once she sees the plate filled with food, "H-how?"

Taehyun smiles, "I boarded up the house. The zombies left and we have all the food in the pantry and the fridge." Chaeryeong smiles and she whispers, "Really?" He nods his head and gives a thumbs up then asks, "Enjoy your food!"

Chaeryeong blushes, "T-thanks... really. You're the best person ever, Taehyun." He smiles brightly and hands her the plate saying, "I already ate so this is all yours." She smiles and immediately devours the plate.

Taehyun can only stare and smile at her still feeling that immense pride of protecting someone and making them happier.

JiNayeon, Soobin, Lia, Huening Kai, and Yuna

Jin sighs as he turns the stove on, "I'm getting really anxious." Nayeon stares at him and says, "Sorry, babe. I can't take you seriously with that outfit on."

Jin looks at himself and asks, "What's wrong with it?"

Nayeon eyes him while he stands proudly with a large white chef hat on his head and a bright pink apron with the words "I know you want to but you can't kiss the chef."

Nayeon says, "Everything." Jin chuckles, "I guess older people don't understand fashion these days. You... boomer" She snorts and says, "Look who's talking, grandpa." He rolls his eyes and points, "Anywhere else in the world, people would look at me and think I'm 20. That's a fact."

Nayeon says, "I can say the same for me."

Jin eyes her and asks, "What were we talking about?" She says, "First, you were cooking dinner for the kids. Second, you said you were anxious."

He snaps his fingers and says, "Right. I'm anxious. It's been a few days since Yuna and Kai got here. We know they were lead by Jungkook and Tzuyu but what about the others? I know Namjoon, Dahyun, and Jeongyeon are out there having the time of their lives in that bus. Chaeyoung and Yoongi would've gotten here already. Momo moved to Japan so I can only pray that there's no zombies there. Jihyo is off at a vacation in Hawaii. Hoseok said he wanted to go to America but I don't know if he's there. And the others should be here by now."

Nayeon stays quiet and tries to think optimistically, "You know how Jimin and Mina are. They probably made their own bunker in their house." Jin says a bit angrily, "But what about Chaeyoung and Yoongi? They'd usually be here by now. Taehyung and Sana would have sprinted here with their son by now. Why the hell are we still missing the entire squad?"

Nayeon stands a bit angry, "Why are you telling at me? I know as much as you do!" Jin slams his hand on the burning hot stove, "I- FUCK!"

He retracts his hand and turns off the stove. Nayeon runs up to him and stutters in worry, "D-do we put it on water? W-why did you hit the stove?"

They suddenly notice their audience and the two elder freeze.

The four teens stare at them confused. Nayeon smiles, "Right, you must've been curious what the noise was about and where your food is. Well, give us a few more minutes. Thank you~" She guides them out and quickly runs back in.

She says, "All we can do is survive and trust that they'll show up." Jin sighs, "I want to look for them." Nayeon raises her voice, "Yah, we can't just leave the kids here and no way I'm letting you go alone."

Jin sighs, "We'll wait... for now."

Ryujin, Beomgyu, and Mina

They've been hopping from building to building. It's been a few days since Mina found the recording and it's all been silent. Mina finally returned back to normal and leading the two kids sharing tips and short stories about the last apocalypse she witnessed. But that bad feeling remained in Ryujin's gut. She knew something was going on and her mom was hiding something.

Which is why she wasn't surprised when she woke up to see Beomgyu wide awake and Mina gone.

Ryujin stands up, "Shit, she ran away again." She tries to run off to find her mom but this time Beomgyu holds her still. She looks up to the taller and notices he's not making eye contact with her. Ryujin tears up, "What are you doing? Let go of me, we have to find my mom."

Beomgyu tightly hugs her trying to keep her still but Ryujin starts to struggle, "YAH! MY MOM'S GOING TO DIE!"

He starts to tear up hearing her broken voice but he promised Mina something and he doesn't break promises.

As Ryujin tries to break free from his hold, she suddenly feels something in his pants.

She freezes and whispers, "Y-yah, Beomgyu why do you have that?"

Beomgyu stays quiet and keeps his tight hug and she yells, "WHY THE HELL DO YOU HAVE THAT PHONE!? WHERE'S MY MOM? WHY WON'T YOU LET ME GO."

He can only close his eyes trying to keep himself from crying. He whispers, "I'm sorry.

To be continued...