Chapter 25: New and Old Friends

Every single person gathered at the dining hall in the hotel. They turned on the lights and power with plates of breakfast prepared by Jin and Mina. However, only the kids sat on the tables while the adults were all prepared to leave. It was still early morning so none of them were happy to be there and most of them were confused on why they woke up so early.

Suddenly, the speakers in the room turn on and Namjoon says, "Hello? Test. Can you all hear me?" A collective nod and streams of Yes reassures him that it's working.

Namjoon smiles and says, "Oh okay! Mina, Jin, and Dahyun were talking about a lot of stuff yesterday and we sort of made a plan. And the plan is to wait and prepare for Spring. As you know, it's freezing cold outside and the way we usually cure zombies is through flames and fire but that won't work in these temperatures. So, we're planning to scout out and create posts around the hotel and also look for specific people through the zombie hordes."

The teens all nod while they enjoy their omelets and Namjoon continues, "So we'll be taking trips outside of the hotel and each trip should at least be 5 days. We'll come back after the 5 days to rest and restock then head out again. This would be our routine for the next couple of months until it hits Spring and we can finally start ending this and start getting back to normal. Any questions?"

Soobin raises his hand and Namjoon pints at him, "How are you curing all the zombies at once and is there anyway to help?" Before Namjoon could answer, Dahyun takes the mic and says, "Good question! You can help but staying in here, surviving and staying out of the way. I understand you want to be heroes or help us out in anyway to repay us but you're still kids in our eyes and we can't let you through any danger. You kids been through enough so we'll deal with the rest of this. And for the curing part... WE'RE GONNA LIGHT THE ENTIRE CITY ON FIRE!"

Everyone exchange scared glances while Namjoon gets the mic back. He chuckles, "It's a bit more complicated than that but there will be a lot of fire and unfortunately a lot of air pollution too. Any other questions?"

Yeonjun was the second to raise his hand, "So are you leaving anyone in charge? Because if so I would-"

Hyunjin suddenly clears his throat and says, "Weren't you the one who lost my sister while we were running?" Yeonjun stands and turns around, "You lost Chan, so you possibly can't be leader." Lia stands up and raises Soobin's hand, "Soobin should be leader! We're one of the first ones to get here!"

Chaeryeong takes Taehyun's hand, "Who care's who got here first? It should be Taehyun! He was so calm when we were stuck and he helped stabilize our condition with the plan to get to the hotel!" Taehyun tries to sit quietly but Chaeryeong insists on him being the leader.

Beomgyu whispers to Ryujin, "Shouldn't you be saying I should be leader?" Ryujin whispers back, "No, that sounds like a terrible idea." He chuckles and whispers back, "Right."

Namjoon taps on the mic and says, "We actually talked about there being a leader and we sort of had 3 candidates. We wanted you to choose because you know, democracy."

The crowd silences and Namjoon says, "Umm, number one option is Bang Chan. Highly recommended by Nayeon because he's one of the oldest and she said he's good at treating his subordinates and friends."

Somi aggressively taps Chan's side in excitement while he smiles shyly with crescent eyes.

Namjoon continues, "Another was Hwang Yeji. Jin recommended her because of how she led them back to their friends a while ago. He said she was a good balance between a charismatic leader and someone who was fun to be around."

Yeji looked up shyly while Yeonjun whispers, "I'll vote for you." And her brother showed off two thumbs up proudly.

Namjoon says, "Then there was the first option. Nayeon and Jin said they first wanted to leave Soobin in charge because he's.... I can't believe I'm saying this... because he's considerate, creative, and adorable."