fifty-seven

"Your ass looks good." I smacked his butt, taking off running.

He struggled to get out of the blanket, chasing after me. The chase ended with us back in the bedroom, my arms pinned above my head.

"What did you just say to me?"

"Your butt looks good?"

"Oh, and you're going to repeat it?"

"Would you like to hear it again?"

"Keep talking, smartass." He said, pointing his finger at me as he let me up.

"I want ice cream."

"Babe, you have ice cream."

"No, I don't. Your daughter ate it."

"Which one? I have three.."

"It was Rae. She.." I stopped, hitting his arm once I'd realized what he said.

"She ate my rocky road, now I'm sad."

"I love how vocally expressive you are, love." He kissed my cheek.

"I'm going to the store. Are you coming?" I asked, adjusting my fuzzy socks as I got out of the bed.

"What do you need to go to the store for? I can send Evan or someone."

"Well, one, I don't need some guy picking up my ice cream when I can do it myself. Two, I don't know if I want the little bucket or the big tub.."

"I have an idea." He lifted his finger then grabbed the bottom of my shorts, pulling me close to the bed.

"Oh, yeah? What did you possibly come up with?"

"I'll supply the ice, you supply the cream... Teamwork is a beautiful thing, love." 

I gasped, taking notice of his serious face.

~

Jackson peeked at his watch, ready to leave the gala. Catherine was having one of her luxurious parties, again.

"I think we can sneak out of here.." he whispered.

"I've been saying that for the last thirty minutes."

He looked around again, turning me with him towards the door. Before we could make it out, a caucasian woman stepped in front of us, smiling.

"Dr. Jackson Avery!"

"Uh, hi, hello."

"You don't remember me. I'm Kelly Sandoval.. from high school?"

He stared at her, shaking his head.

"No, not ringing a bell."

"You got hot. You were such a dork in biology, always wanting to cut." She smiled, biting her lip.

"We should hang out sometime and catch up."