fifty-one

"Happy anniversary." Jackson said once Catherine opened the door.

"Hi, babies! Oh, thank you. Is this a Alice Mann?" Catherine gasped.

"Yes, it is. She only printed three of those. Sorry I didn't have time to get it gift-wrapped. I literally just got it back from the framer, and it took forever to get it out of South Africa."

I rolled my eyes as he indirectly bragged about his wealth. JJ took off his jacket, throwing it on the floor and running off.

"Jackson, you are just too much." She kissed his cheek then hugged Rae who was attached to his hip.

"I could help you find a spot to hang it up if you want." He offered Richard.

"Not yet. Dinner should be ready shortly. Come on in."

"Your son is so disrespectful." Jackson laughed as I picked up the toddler's jacket.

I grabbed the bad kid off the stairwell, carrying him with me into the living room. Maggie sat on the couch with Dean, smiling when she saw JJ.

"What's up, shorty." Dean greeted.

"Hey, big guy."

"Big guy? That's mean." Maggie said.

"I've called him that since the first day I met him."

"And I, kind of, am a big guy." He added.

"Hey, so, we wanted to talk about.." Richard started as he entered the room but Catherine cut him off.

"I wonder, who would like a glass of wine? I know I surely do."

"Uh, heavy, please." Jackson replied.

"Me, please." Maggie said.

"I'll take some, thank you." Dean told her.

"I've been looking forward to this." They turned their heads to me.

"No. Rae get your apple juice for mom, that's all she's drinking." Jackson told the little girl in his lap.

"It's mine.." she whispered.

"Hi, Raegan. I haven't seen you in a while, you've gotten so big." Maggie beamed.

Rae stared at her with a straight face. I held back my laughter, watching my daughter.

"You gonna say hi to Maggie?" Jackson poked her stomach.

She continued to stare at her before hiding her face in Jackson's neck. Catherine laughed, tickling her which got a reaction.

"She's purely yours." Jackson whispered to me.

"So, Mom, they set an opening for the hospital at Memphis?" He asked.

"Early next month." She responded.

"So many hospitals. I do not know how you keep track of them all." Maggie sighed.