bonus chapter: ten

"We're getting new interns today." Jackson told me.

"I don't care. You are in my way, move please. Are the kids up?"

"Uh.. most of them, yes."

"They're all supposed to be awake and dressed. That's all I asked you to do besides breakfast. Did you do that?"

"Babe, what's wrong?"

"I'm asking you to do simple things and you can't do those. What is it? Why? Just... Move, please."

I moved around him, going to get the others up and finishing my own tasks.

"Babe, why are you rushing? I can have Emilio take the kids to school." Jack offered, coming in the bathroom.

"They have to be ready in order to leave, Jackson. I'm rushing because my shift starts soon, I haven't eaten and I'm overwhelmed right now!"

Jackson sighed, stepping back then walking out of the bathroom.

Once I finished, I gathered my things, I went downstairs to see everyone dressed.

"The cars are here. Everyone in, quickly, we don't want anyone late for school. K-Twins, where are you going?" Jackson asked.

"Aunt Meredith's house." Alexis replied.

"Great. Let's go."

I walked out after all the kids, not saying anything to Jackson. His grumble filled the air as a result.

After I got to the hospital and clocked in, I made my way to the elevator. It felt good being back..

"Bailey! You going to the lab?" Koracick asked as soon as I stepped off the elevator.

"Yeah. I have to grab-"

"So you're handling the new kids? Great! I can go back to-"

"Nope!" I replied, grabbing the back of his collar to stop him.

"Pass that knowledge, Tom." I gently pushed him through the doors.

"Hello. I am Dr. Thomas Koracick, but you can call me Dr. Koracick. Maybe you were expecting Dr. Webber, but today is a day of many surprises. The first of which, I have drawn a very short straw. The second, you have won the lottery today..."

I shook my head, grabbing a couple of tubes and a few other items.

"I'd spend some time regaling you with my accomplishments, but I'm very busy. Treat yourself to an Internet search. Which one are you?" He asked, pointing to the first desk.

"Reza Khan."

"You're on scut."

"Respectfully, I can handle more. I'm a vascular surgeon in Pakistan. The U.S. is just making me repeat my training."

"Ah, unfortunate, but you're still on scut. Chee? Progress notes. Jensen, discharges. Ortiz, a new shipment of PPE and testing supplies arrives today. You get to sort them. Riveting." Tom designated, walking toward the exit.