forty-seven

"Get the hell out!"

"Tsk tsk.." he smirked.

"What do you get out of this? Happiness? Joy? What is it?"

"When did you earn the right to ask me questions? I haven't given you that permission."

I adjusted my body, pressing the nurse's call button under the cover. His eyes flicked to the light that flashed on the wall.

"You slick little bitch."

"What is it going to take for you to leave me alone?"

He didn't answer my question, simply leaving the room before the nurse came in.

"Is everything okay, Sage?"

My breath was caught in my throat thinking about the previous events. I

"Yeah. I'd like some ice water, please." I requested, feeling my body heat up.

"I'll be right back."

I grabbed my phone off the table, quickly notifying Jackson of the events. He called me, immediately asking if Nick was still here.

"He's gone."

"I'm on my way." He ended the call.

Soon after, he walked in the room, instantly looking around. I stared at him, wondering why he thought he'd still be here.

"What happened? What did he say?"

"Not much."

"We've got to take it to the ultimate level. Maximum security with the kids, you.."

"We're not in prison. I don't need someone watching me when they can be living their own life."

"We'll work something out." He softly spoke, placing his hand on my belly.

~

I handed the papers to Avery, limping over to the bed. My ankle wasn't fully healed so I was still on bed rest, but who wants to be tied to the bed?

"Your mother has lost her mind! I don't know who she thinks she is but I am not going to take it lying down."

Richard held the phone close to his face, not totally sure how FaceTime works. Catherine came into sight, angry.

"Richard, calm down. Did you tell him what you said or am I the only bad guy?!" Catherine yelled in the background.

"Call him yourself!"

"I will! I'll tell him all about it in my comfortable bed tonight."

"No! You'll tell it from the guest room!"

"Richard Webber! I will not be sleeping in the guest room."

"Either that or I'm leaving."

"So go! Run off with that Gemma woman or whoever you were kissing."

"I told you, she kissed me!"