thirty-six

"I'm setting aside the money for the kids tonight." I said, Jackson wrapping his arms around my waist.

"Oh, don't worry about that. I got it."

"What do you want, Avery?" I asked. He laughed.

"Nothing. Just let me handle some things, superwoman.."

"Anytime. Feel free to take your demons off my hands."

"I got go. I have a surgery for Nisha." He said looking at his watch, referring to the biker who'd gotten hit instead of us.

"Oh, you're gonna pretend like you didn't hear me?" He kissed my cheek, walking down the hall.

"Asshole.."

"What did he do?" Mer asked.

"He's just a butthole." She laughed, suddenly clearing her throat and looking down.

"Hello, ladies." Daveed said, smiling.

"Hi, Daveed

"Hi, Daveed."

"Meredith? Are you going to say hello to me?" He asked.

"No." She smirked then walked away.

"That woman is... definitely interesting." He said then bit his lip, watching her walk away.

"What's interesting is my daughter knowing what a hooker is. Wanna tell me why she suddenly knows that after spending the weekend with Uncle Daveed?" I eyed him.

He nervously chuckled.

"You see, um, she... I... I forgot to do my rounds so I'm gonna go." He rambled before walking away.

~

"Good afternoon, Dr. Bailey." Linda smiled.

I returned the smile, looking for my babies. Rae sat at one of the corner tables, building blocks with a little boy. JJ looked back and forth between the older women before putting his mouth on the toy car.

I chuckled, taking the car away from him and picking him up. He giggled then fussed, reaching for it.

"Not if you're gonna eat. You wanna break the teeth you don't have?"

He glared at me, slapping my chest with his tiny hand as his way of saying he was angry with me. I laughed, putting him down then going to see Rae.