eight

"Ready?"

Jackson and I stood outside of the physical therapy door. He complained for the 10th time about how he hated the pain and inflammation from the exercises.

"I should just skip today and watch some surgeries. I miss it.." he suggested.

"No, you are going to physical therapy."

He groaned.

"What about-"

"No. I only have a couple hours left so I will be here with heat and Alfredo when you get out." He contemplated before agreeing.

"Mm.. okay. I love you."

"I love you, too."

I looked at the clock once we parted ways. The 2:15 burned into my brain as I mentally celebrated how soon I was off the clock.

"Watch it!" A voice shouted as I felt a cold liquid on my face and arms.

"Oh my God! I am so sorry."

I looked up to see a light complexioned woman.

She quickly grabbed napkins, wiping off the red liquid that had stained my scrubs

"That was so rude of me. I didn't mean to mess up your clothes, or your hair."

"What the hell is this?"

"Kool-Aid?" She shrugged nervously.

"Is everything okay here?" Meredith asked, looking between us.

"No- I mean, yes. There was a little accident." The woman said. Laughter erupted from Cristina and Alex.

"You look like that chick from Carrie." Alex joked making Cristina laugh harder.

"What's going on?"

"Dr. Hunt, everything is okay, I have it under control."

"Doesn't seem that way."

"Who is this?" I asked Owen.

"Dr. Sage Bailey, meet Dr. Raven Davis. Raven is our new trauma fellow."

"Right." I muttered then walked away.

~

"She's unbelievable." Callie huffed.