bonus chapter: eleven

I walked down the hall, stopping next to Rae. She glanced to me then back to her angry, sweating father.

"Hey, Dad. Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine." He muttered, continuing his push ups.

"I don't think he's fine." Rae whispered.

Since Robert's visit, he has been a little on edge. I wasn't sure what exactly happened but I know he pissed Jackson off.

"You coming with us?" I asked.

"Nah, I'm gonna go for a run.. maybe clear my head a little." He declined, not bothering to ask where.

I nodded, turning on my heels.

"Come on."

After our store run, we were on our way home with a quick stop at one of the local stores. Rae had something secret to purchase.

"What's that?"

She put the small bag on the floor, smiling.

"Nothing."

I eyed her, pulling out of the parking space and driving toward the exit.

"Mom, that's her!" Rae suddenly shouted, pointing out the window.

I spotted the familiar woman, watching as she anxiously walked through the parking lot. A few seconds later, DeLuca and Carina followed.

"What is DeLuca doing?" Rae worried.

I drove around the wall they were passing, quickly stomping on the breaks. Opal was now running whilst Carina sobbed over DeLuca's body.

"Call 9-1-1 and do not get out!" I told Rae, quickly getting out and rushing over.

"What happened, Carina?"

She sobbed, frantically looking around as she pressed on his bleeding wound.

"Where did she go! Where is she?!"

"Carina! Now is not the time. What happened?"

"I don't- I don't know! We got separated for a few seconds and I found him like this."

"Damnit, Andrew.."

"I know..." He coughed, wheezing.

"I'm an idiot..."

"Yeah, a big one. How you feeling?"

"Like I got stabbed." He painfully chuckled.

"Mom!"

I quickly turned to the car, spotting a man reaching in through the window.
Rae wildly fidgeted to avoid his grasp.

"Damnit! Fucking women are useless!" He angrily shouted.

"Go.." Carina spoke, sniffling as Andrew groaned.

I rushed back to the car, pulling him away which his attention.