thirty

"You should start putting the hood on."

"Why?"

"You look sexy like that." He smirked.

"So, what you're saying is I don't look sexy in a daily basis?"

"No, you do. I just love the 'hood half-on' look."

We were on our way to the Surgical Innovation Contest. His mom joined us along the way, making her random and rude comments. Jackson reviewed his notes once we sat down while I looked outside at the snow.

"Cookie?" Arizona offered.

"Don't mind if I do." Jackson took one. I took two.

"Hm.." Catherine broke a piece of Jackson's, giving the tin back to Arizona.

"They're peanut butter, yes." I said then lowly moaned.

"Make that sound again, you're gonna be popping out twins." My eyes widened at the whispering voice in my ear.

Catherine was completely oblivious to her son's inappropriate comment.

"Morning and welcome to Grey Sloan Surgical Innovation Prototypes Day. Today, we will see presentations of the proposals that were chosen in round one. Five will be selected to move on to the contest's final phase and receive a $ million grant to further their groundbreaking research. Good luck to all of today's presenters. And we will begin with Dr. Richard Webber." April announced.

People clapped and cheered as Richard made his way to the stand.

"You're on deck." April told the Avery's before she grabbed the tin of cookies and sat with the other judges.

"Can you get me some strawberries?"

"Babe, I don't know if I'll have time to come back."

I nodded then followed them to the food table, grabbing a bowl of strawberries while they talked.

"You knew we had to present today. We had a very clear deadline." Catherine threw a glare at him, going back to her notes.

"Yeah, well, cleaning up the mess you made has no clear end at all."

"What mess? What are you talking about?"

"The mess you made when you decided to waive Rebecca Froy's settlement against your grandfather, thereby allowing her to speak publicly about it, which sent our foundation's board of directors into a massive soaking of their collective britches, which I had to sop up."

"What settlement are you talking about?" He asked. She glared at him then whispered.

"Sexual harassment."

Oop..

"Close your mouth before you catch a fly. Dr. Orr! We'll talk later." She pushed his chin up, going to chat with the other doctors.

Jackson continued to look around in disbelief, sitting on the couch while until it was their turn to present. I went back to my seat, listening to their presentation.