bonus chapter: three

an: it may get a little confusing; if so, re-read previous chapters.

"What the hell?" I lowly spoke, seeing Nick on the camera monitor.

He stood at the door, smirking at the camera. I hesitated, sighing as I opened the door.

"What are you doing here?"

He smiled, walking past me.

"I'm here because of you, darling

"I'm here because of you, darling."

"What are you talking about?"

He chuckled, shaking his head as I shut the door.

"Jeez, those kids of yours must've really destroyed your brain. I mean, you can't even remember that your husband was shot the exact same way before." He said then laughed.

I stared at him, thinking..

He was right. This had happened before. She'd heard this same story from Ben and Jackson before.

How could it have happened again?

"God, you really are this stupid."

"I'm confused. You're not really telling me anything, Nick."

He sharply inhaled, biting his lip.

"My name sounds good rolling off your tongue. Mm.. it was me. I did it! I am guilty and I do not care. I got what I wanted, which was a moment with you again... To touch you, hold you.."

"You're a fucking psycho. Leave."

He stepped closer to me, chuckling.

"Don't you want to know how?"

I stared at him then slowly nodded.

"Let's just say, I saw my opportunity and took it. A certain type of drug puts you through a recent traumatic experience all over again.. with a little sweet talking."

"It's still not clicking. How did he get shot?" I questioned.

"Your boys were vulnerable. Truth be told, your boy Jack tried to put a bullet in me. Funny how it ended up in him, right?" He laughed.

"Anyway, we fought, clearly. He was bleeding on the ground and the drug was starting to kick in. I remember seeing your little girl, sad, at the park. Daddy couldn't chase her because his leg was healing.. gosh, how that created little problems between you guys."