thirty-two

"I'm gonna kill him my-damn-self!" Jackson exclaimed, angrily walking through the hospital.

"Aye, Jackson. Let me show you-" Carlos excitingly stopped him.

"You seen Dalton?" He asked Carlos.

"That asshat? Yeah, he's-"

"Don't tell him. He's going to kill him.." I warned. Carlos laughed, Raven joining in as she stepped beside him.

"What happened?" Raven asked.

"Son of a bitch sexually assaulted my wife."

Carlos' smile dropped as he looked at me with saddened eyes before anger took over.

"That motherfucker is in the cafeteria."

Jackson nodded, walking off. Carlos grabbed my arm, stopping me from following him.

"Get off!"

"No. Last thing we need is you caught in the middle. Let him handle it."

I snatched away from him, quickly following behind Jackson. I managed to catch up to him just as he entered the cafeteria. He snatched his hand away from my grip, focused on the man in ahead of him.

"Jackson, hey! We were just talking about you." Richard said smiling.

"Buddy, you good?" Daveed asked, stopping his conversation with Mer.

"Yeah, I was telling him all about your foundation day-" Nick groaned as Jackson punched him, knocking him to the ground.

"Avery!" Aunt Mir yelled, coming across the cafeteria.

Jackson got on top of him, hitting him over and over until Owen, Carlos and Daveed managed to get him off.

"If you ever come anywhere near us again, you're gonna be stuck to a hospital bed for the rest of your life. Get the hell out of my hospital." Jackson said, pulling away from the guys then walking away.

~

The day had gone by. The night sky illuminated the hospital. Jackson had been in the chief's office all day. She tried compromising to where he had a punishment but she also agreed with his reasoning.

I used the table to spin the chair in the conference room. I watched my feet as I spun around, hearing the door open. Jackson stood halfway in the door, staring at me.

I stopped, sitting still. He came in, sitting next to me and holding my hands.

"Why didn't you tell me sooner?" He whispered.

"He's dangerous, and threatened to kill me if I told anyone." He huffed, hiding his distraught face.

"And.. and you said this happened while you're carrying my child... my child in your stomach?" He stuttered. I nodded. He sniffled, nodding.

"I love you.." he said pulling out a folder.

"What is this?"