two

"Your ass is looking good today, Sage." Callie complimented me.

"Thank you, Miss Torres. Your ass looks good too." I replied. She smiled and winked while Owen stood confused.

"What is going on here?" He questioned.

"Don't be jealous, Owen. If you work on your game, you can pull the ladies too." Callie said, shrugging.

"I don't need to- I have Cristina, who I very much love and adore." 

"I'm gonna walk away now." I spoke, grabbing the tablet and walking away.

"Ross!" I called. 

"Yes?"

"You're with me today."

"Actually, I'm with Dr. Shepherd." 

"No, he's not. I have Brooks today." Derek said, rounding the corner.

"Dr. Shepherd-" 

"No, Ross. Sage, can I speak with you?" Derek asked.

"Ross, you can start rounds."

"By- by myself?" He questioned.

"Yes. I'll be there in a minute." He nodded.

Derek and I stepped into one of the on-call rooms; he closed the door. He took a deep sigh, sitting on the bed.

"You're scaring me, Shepherd. What's up?"

"Meredith had herself and Zola mapped by Bailey."

"Oh, cool. Does it actually work?" I asked. I'd been interested in the program.

"Yes, it works. It works so much that Meredith thinks she's gonna get Alzheimer's."

"What?"

"She tested positive for the risk factors genes. Now, she thinks she's gonna get it at a young age and she's demanding that we update the will."

"She'll be fine, Derek. What does this have to do with me?"

"Lexie is listed as Zola's legal guardian if anything happened to us." A wave of sadness hit me just hearing her name.

Lexie was one of my bestfriends. She was so innocent and pure. She found a way to light up your day without even trying. God, I miss her.

"Cristina doesn't want to be Zola's mom-"

"Because she already has a mom, Derek!" I slightly yelled.

"Sage, please, just listen. Cristina doesn't want to be Zola's mom, she wants to continue improving her career. Plus, you and I both know she'd hand the kids off to someone whenever they cried." I laughed, knowing it was true.

"They need someone who will be that mom, who will be Meredith. What I am asking is, will you be our children's legal guardian?" He calmly asked.

"I would be happy to." I smiled.

He quickly stood up, hugging me with a smile on his face. He laughed, squeezing me before letting go.