twenty-two

I took a deep breath, trying to steady my shaky hands. Every second I could feel the gun still digging into my head.

"Hey, what happened last night? Do we have all the attendings with us?" Maggie asked.

I snapped back to reality, joining Arizona, Maggie and Jackson's conversation.

"Well, Hunt... I'm not sure where he stands yet." Jackson said.

"Well, what about Riggs?"

"Riggs, we can ask after he's done talking to your mom."

"Whenever he's done doing what?" Maggie laughed, looking at him confused.

"Talking to your mother." Jackson smirked, turning to her.

"My what?"

"Your mom, your mother, uh, the one that raised and fed you?" He elaborated.

"How could Riggs be talking to my.. my mother is in Hawaii. What is he talk... what is he talking about?" Maggie stuttered.

"No, no, no. I met her at the coffee cart this morning. She's really nice." Arizona added.

"Why is no one making any sense?" She looked between them.

"Maggie, your mom is here." Jackson turned her around.

"My mother is here!" She exclaimed, rushing over to her with Arizona behind her.

"Hey.." Jackson whispered.

"I just wanna say.. I know that you lied to me, you never went to sleep. I can tell by the bags under your eyes. I've noticed the shaky hands, the red eyes.. I don't think I need to continue. I'm here if you want to talk." He squeezed my hands, kissing my forehead before walking away.

~

I rolled my eyes due to the fact that I'd been postponed seeing my baby because they wanted to talk about Minnick.

"Hey. Word is, Bailey just took out Grey." April said.

"What?!"

"They fired her?" Jackson panicked.

"No. Suspended."

"Yeah, well, we sent a message. Bailey sent one back. She took out our power hitter." Richard said then shook his head.

"What makes Grey our power hitter?" April asked, offended.

"She was the one we didn't think Bailey would ever take out. Look at the hospital sign. Grey seems untouchable." Richard shrugged.

"Well, I mean, we're talking about big names and power hitters, then.." Jackson smirked, crossing his arms.

"All I'm saying is, we need to do something, and fast."

They dismissed. I went to play with Rae, needing a boost of energy. She giggled, looking at the window which held a smiling Jackson.