Graduation Day (chapter 20)

Loni's POV:

Its been about 3 months since I found out im pregnant. Today is June 8th.

When we found out, I was 2 months pregnant.  Now im 5 months. We also found out that it's a girl.

Justice moved in and so far he has been very helpful. I get alot of midnight cravings and he never objects to helping me get them, even the ones where we have to buy a bunch of ingredients then make it.

So far everything has been okay at school. I talk more and the teachers call on me. Sometimes I'll use signlanguage but most of the time I talk. It's 50/50.

The only bad thing is Ivana's squad. They have sworn to get revenge for Ivana. They haven't done much, just alor of mean talk.

Anyways, Justice and I are getting ready for graduation in a couple hours. We have to get there an hour early for the caps and gowns and what not, so we have about 30 minutes. I put on a black dress that hid my small baby bump. If your weren't looking super close, you wouldn't even tell I was pregnant.  Justice wore a nice dark blue suit.

After getting ready, we got to the school and found our caps and gowns.

Some students went up and got their diplomas. I could care less about them.I was super excited for Justice. He was valedictorian which means he had a speech.

I was called up to get my diploma so I started walking up the stage. Justice was sitting on the stage with our teachers and another student. I smiled at him then got to the principal.

"Congratulations Miss Ella Layloni" the principal said.

"Thank you sir" I smiled shaking his hand.

"Because of everything you have gone through, we would like you to share how you got through the troubling times. Your story could help others" the principal said.

I thought back to the first time I went to see my dad. Sir showed up and told me that even though the experiences I went through are bad, the knowledge is good. I remember him saying that I could help people with that knowledge.

"Please share your story and what you will study if you go to college" the principal said, taking me from my thoughts

I stood at the podium and looked at the thousand or so people in front of me.

"Um well, I would like to study preforming arts at the California Institute of the Arts." I said.

Everyone clapped and I was honestly surprised.

"I guess everyone kinda knows what I went through seeing as I'm talking right now, so I won't go into detail. Anyways, the things that got me through the hard times was my new family, my boyfriend Justice, my sister Torissa, the Crombins, my dad's best friend, and my new brothers Ty, Michael, Jake, and Nathan. Even though I am only related to Torissa by blood, they are all my family and I couldn't be happier. Find people you love, and you can get through anything" I said.

I put my hand on my stomach as if it was an instinct. It always happened when I talked about things I love.

"Thank you Ella Layloni" the principal said. I smiled and started walking off the stage. The principal called up one of Ivana's goons. I was almost towards the steps of the stage when she elbowed my stomach.

I held my stomach screaming as I fell back towards the middle of the stage. Justice ran to my side as I started bleeding. I heard the boys yelling at people to get out of the way and let them to the stage.

"You bitch. You may have just killed my baby!" Justice yelled at Ivana's goon.

"What?!" She and the principal yelled at the same time.