Ch 9 - Why Don't We...

Edited

The blonde decided to finish the job herself. She went into one of the bathroom stalls and came out five minutes later, still not satisfied the way she wanted to be but it was better than nothing. She cleaned herself up pretty well before fixing her hair and dress.

The blonde walked out the bathroom, sternly looking for Natsu.

She was not happy.

Her eyes roamed around the restaurant looking for him until finally her gaze landed on the window that separated the indoor-restaurant and the terrace, spotting Natsu holding a glass of wine whilst conversing with a stranger.

She furrowed her eyebrows and made her way out to the terrace. In the distance, he stood in between two tables with his back to her, chuckling and conversing with no care in the world... as if he hadn't just left a woman dripping wet, craving for him in the bathroom.

She stomped towards him.

"Seriously Natsu?!" She interrupted his conversation as she stood behind him.

She was definitely not pleased with his little stunt.

He turned around and faced her with a smirk.

He knew exactly why she took so long to come out.

He held out his hand, expecting her to take it.

Everyone around them went silent, causing Lucy to look around her confusedly.

Every pair of eyes were on them.

The attention was bound to be on him, and consequently as his date, her as well.

Lucy felt the need to step-up her game and meet everyone's expectations of her; the inevitable and unspoken expectations that is put on the company owner's date.

Natsu probably wasn't thinking anything of it but Lucy knew better.

She has to be perfectly elegant, sophisticated, and worthy.

With that thought, she pushed her emotions aside and gracefully took his hand. He gently drifted her closer to him so that she was standing right by him. He turned back around and faced his friend with his arm snaked up around the blonde's waist.

Lucy felt a little embarrassed for raising her voice at him just a second ago with everyone staring. Her cheeks were rosy at the thought.

"Jellal, I'd like you to meet Lucy," He introduced.

The blue-haired man wearing a dark purple tuxedo bows as a gesture of respect. He held Lucy's hand, swayed it to his lips and respectfully kissed it.

What a gentleman.

"It's an honor to meet you, m'lady." He straightened up again.

She hadn't been addressed in such a way for a long time, but she had to get use to it if she was going to keep attending events with Natsu, and that's a big if.

Who knows how long this deal will last.

Blood rushed to her cheeks as his lips were against her hand, but she kept her composure.

She cannot slip up.

"Lucy, this is Mr. Jellal Fernandez. He's the owner of Nucor, one of the biggest steel companies in the country. We buy our car's steel from them."

Lucy's heart began to race. She was definitely not ready to meet such important people. Her hands felt sweaty and her shoulders felt heavy from all the pressure put on her in this moment to behave properly.