Ch 14 - Past

Edited

"So when I walked into his house, I found red petals scattered on the ground. There was a trail of it leading me to his living room where he had our dinner table set up. He dimmed the lights and lit the candles to set the mood. Not only that, but he had a chef prepare professional cooked meals for us too!" Levy explained as her eyes glistened at the memory. "That was our first date," she widely smiled as her mind clouded itself with dopamine. Her hands together as she felt something fluttering in the center of her stomach.

It truly was nice to share this side of Gajeel with her friends, since no one gets to see him through her eyes.

In Gajeel's eyes, however, this was the normal way to treat a woman.

Nonetheless, he felt like he was sitting butt-naked right now for being exposed so much—especially in front of his boss and friend. He knew Gray would hold this over his head till the end of time.

She turned to face him, only to find him extensively blushing, hiding the fact with a serious and straight face. She wrapped her short arms around his buff shoulder, resting her head on him in the process.

"He truly is the most romantic thing," she teased.

Natsu kept his hand wrapped around Lucy's thigh the whole time, occasionally drifting it upward, causing her to lightly slap it away with a shy smile as she tried to focus on Levy's story. Then he'd do it again, and she'd slap it away again. A fun game, he found it to be.

The blonde kept her chin resting on her palm as her gaze focused on Levy. She tried her best to keep a straight face with all the feelings Natsu's inappropriate hand was embarking in her.

"Gajeel being romantic?" Natsu gave him a teasing smile as he caressed Lucy's thigh from under the table, causing chills to run down her spine at the feel of his firm, warm hand on her.

"Who would've known." Gray continued his sentence with a small chuckle. His arm is resting on the couch as he gave Gajeel a sly smile. He was seated next to Lucy, allowing him to see Natsu's assault on her. He felt a little embarrassed being so exposed to such indecency in public. But he chose to ignore it alongside Juvia's intense glare from across him.

"I'm so happy for you, Lev." Lucy warmly smiled. "You're a really lucky woman, you know," She carelessly commented, not completely aware of it in the first place. The alcohol in her system sure was making her blunt.

With those words escaping her lips, she felt Natsu slowly drift his hand away, making her take a quick glance at him in confusion before she looked back at Levy.

The bluette seated next to Levy sighed,

"Juvia wishes Gray-Sama would do something romantic for her,"

With that, an awkward silence reigned on them for the next couple of moments.

Gray cleared his throat, as if he hadn't heard anything.

Levy nervously giggled.

Natsu suddenly stood up from the couch and fixed his suit-jacket, then held Lucy's arm and lifted her up from her seat.

"Gentleman, ladies, we're excusing ourselves for the night." He stated, farewelling their friends. The tipsy blonde clung onto his shoulder for dear life; she was going to fall over any second.