Ch 18 - Girl's Night Out

Edited

Another cold, empty day passes.

The blonde let out a tired sigh as she injected her key and unlocked her apartment door, ready to tuck herself in under the warm blankets and cuddle with her pillow, as she had been doing for many lonely nights now.

It was currently 11PM and she had just gotten home from her full day at work.

She swung her door open as it creaked, meeting her eyes with the same boring, dull, small living room she had been trapping herself in for the past ten days, ever since that night with Natsu.

She shut the door behind her using her foot before switching open the lights, then dropped her keys on the kitchen counter. With half-opened eyes, she walked over to her cabinet and grabbed a glass.

As she was pouring herself a drink of water, her phone buzzed.

Ding-Ding.

Her eyes shot up to the counter where her phone laid. Reading the screen, a disappointed sigh left her.

It was just Levy.

She chugged her water before placing her glass harsher than intended on the counter. She wiped her watery lips using her sleeve and then picked up her phone.

Her gaze fixated on her screen with narrowed eyebrows as she opened her notification to read the message. While doing so, she walked out of the kitchen and to her bedroom, without needing to watch her step.

___________________________________
(313)-244-xxxx

Levy: "Hey Lu-Chan! Tomorrow
we're going shopping with the girls,
you coming along?
Read: 11:26PM

Lucy: "Uhh, I'm not really sure."
Read: 11:27PM
___________________________________

She replied back right before throwing her phone on the bed without a care in the world.

She had unknowingly been distant with her friends lately. Granted, Levy's always with Gajeel and Erza's always with Levy—so her choices were limited.

She didn't want to be around Natsu's friends...she wanted to move on from her life without feeling like anything was pushing her to stay. From what she knew, though, Natsu hadn't been around Gajeel or Gray whenever they went out with Lucy's friends either.

Her daily routine consisted of going to work, reading, a little bit of writing, and sleeping. On the weekends, however, she'd go to the Fairy Tail bar to meet up with Mira and have a couple of drinks. She occasionally met with Lisanna there as well, which to her shock, came out as Mira's sister. She finally realized why she looked so familiar to her.