Ch 31 - Reality

He woke up gasping, his right hand shaking aggressively.

His breathing heavy, almost panting as he felt sweat trickle down his spine. He felt hot, like he needed to rip off his clothes and skin.

He held his shaking hand with his other, forcing it still.

Those dreams.

They were back.

Killing Sting must've triggered it.

He gulped dryness down his throat as he rubbed his pounding forehead. He was thirsty. Dehydrated. He needed water.

After a moment, he roamed his hazy eyes around, looking for his server.

Not finding her, he began unbuckling his seatbelt.

Then stopped.

Everything felt too familiar. Like de ja vu. He rested back, completely confused.

Ding

"We have landed. Please unbuckle your seatbelts and prepare to leave. Thank you for joining us at..." A robotic voice spoke through the speakers.

He blinked a few times, looking around him. There was barely anyone. They left the radius around him empty for comfort and privacy.

He was unsure of how long he slept. Unsure of what exactly was happening. Had he been knocked out this whole flight?

The harder he thought, the foggier everything seemed.

Wasn't he just heading to the bathroom?

Did he go and fall asleep again after coming back?

The girl.

The was a girl.

He fucked the girl.

The smoke cleared out as a rush of memories flooded his mind. He remembered.

He widened his eyes as reality began sinking in.

Did...Did that happen? Did I...

His once icy heart thumped, hard and aggressive against his chest. Afraid. Afraid of what he might've done.

He was just as bad as Sting, if not worse.

She won't be able to take this. She won't get through this. She's already went through enough. And because of him...because of him, she'll have to go through it again.

She said she felt safe with him. Safe. He ruined it. He ruined everything.

He clenched onto his seat's hand as he felt his stomach turn at the realization. The realization of what he had and broke apart. Of what he killed.

A sharp pain pierced through his chest as he gulped, afraid of how Lucy would react...thinking he was now going to lose the most important thing in his life. Lose the only thing he cared about. The only thing he would burn the world down for.

He tightened his grip in anger.

His breathing grew more aggressive. His stomach turned, and turned, and turned. He wasn't sure what this feeling was. It might've been guilt. Or loss. Maybe both. But it felt like it was suffocating him.

He wasn't even sure he wanted her to forgive him.

He left her in his home, waiting for him to come back. He asked her to trust him, only for him to betray it. He felt a pang in his heart just at the thought.