Ch 22 - Double Trouble

Edited

The blonde's cell-phone vibrated on her dresser as she brushed her lipgloss against her bottom lip. She popped her lips together before zipping up her makeup bag and picking up her phone.

It was a message from Natsu, telling her that he's arrived and's waiting for her in the limo.

She sighed, looking back at her reflection in distress.

"Lisanna won't forgive me for this..." she mumbled under her breath.

...................................................................................
Hours Earlier

The blonde leaned back on her chair and crossed her arms, eager to know what he was thinking.

He looked into her brown orbs as a smirk crept on his lips.

"And how do we do that exactly?" She questioned eagerly.

"It's simple really," he said.

"Sting won't stop until he takes over your business and takes me with him," she stated, "if he had the power to threaten the safety of the person he was suppose to marry, then he has the power to do anything."

"Not over me he doesn't."

"No, Natsu, it's dangerous. He's dangerous. And I don't know what more he's capable of," she paused to take a harsh gulp down her throat.

She was scared. She really was. Someone she thought she knew better than anyone in this world, someone she loved and ought to marry, turned into this monster—turned into someone who'd hurt her.

He sighed, leaning in as he gently placed his warm hand over hers, looking into her tawny orbs.

"Nothing is going to happen to you as long as I'm here." he paused. "He won't touch you, Luce. I promise you that."

She smiled as her cheeks turned rosy, admiring his jade eyes under the sun.

Wings fluttered in her stomach at the feel of his sharp gaze on her and at his thumb stroking her hand in comfort.

It reminded her all too well of his soft touch, running his hand along her cheek as he fucked her, not too long ago.

Her eyes flickered over his soft lips before looking back up into his orbs, and she noticed he was doing the same.

His lip twitched as his gaze fixated on her plumped lips, feeling himself slowly drawn into her like a magnet.

A magnet trying to resist its temptation.

She gulped, feeling her breathing heavy.

He suddenly fixed his throat and leaned back on his chair, drifting his hand away from hers and looking away.

A paused moment took place before he spoke up again.

"Come on, let me tell you what I have in mind." He stood up and grabbed both mugs off the table before walking back into his bedroom.