Ch 43 - Demands

Lucy ended the call with Natsu. She looked at her screen for a moment, and sighed.

Turning around, she eyed her father in the distance. Chained onto his seat with a glass barrier before him.

A visit. It was just a visit, she told herself. Multiple inmates were seated in their own booths, by his sides, speaking to their own visitors.

Even if it were behind Natsu's back. She... she wasn't doing anything wrong.

She walked over and sat before him. Picked up the telephone and spoke into it,

"Where were we?"

.oOo.
Natsu's House

"What do you mean you can't tell me where she went?!" Gray roared at the keepers of the house. They were silent, some continuing to sweep the ground while others mopped the windows. Slowly and carefully. Mindful of the angry man in the room.

"We follow Princess Lucy's orders, sir." The rosy haired maid responded. Her flashing blue eyes stern and her pink brows furrowed.

Gray balled his fists.

"You also answer to Natsu. And he sent me here."

He was worried. He was very worried.

Lucy was nowhere to be seen. After coming to the house earlier as Natsu instructed him to and not finding the blonde, or any maids for that matter, he went to the Fairy Tail bar and asked Mira for her whereabouts. She also did not know. He found Lisanna there too, drinking—not with Lucy.

He then visited everywhere else in town where Lucy might be. The restaurant she use to work at, and all the other restaurants she liked. He even checked her old apartment that was now hallow and dull. Certainly empty after the death in their building. No one would want to live there.

And now, he was back here. At the house.

Losing it.

"If you don't tell me where Arthur took her, I will personally make sure everyone in this room gets fired." He threatened, looking around at every maid in every corner.

"And that would be a mercy on you considering what Natsu might do if Lucy gets hurt—wherever she is."

The one mopping the window dragged down her cleaning tool as her light-blue eyes met the ground. Saddening.

"I... I will only tell you where Lucy-Sama is because I am worried about Lucy-Sama."

Their loyalty was a pain in the ass. The maids certainly had a favorite between the two owners of this house.

He would've asked the bodyguards and just be done with it—they were more trusted and loyal to Natsu. But they were nowhere in sight.

And he was certainly not going to bother Natsu about it. Not until he found Lucy. Or else he would turn this whole town upside-down looking for her.

He stepped towards her, laying his hands on her shoulders as he looked into her worried eyes.

"Tell me, Aries."

.oOo.

"And that's all." Jude's old, weak voice spoke into the telephone. He had a long beard now, long hair too. It had only been a few weeks, but from his soiled clothes and frail movements, he already looked like he dropped his rank, class, power. He lost it all.