Ch 21 - Secrets

Edited

"Hey sweetheart," he said.

Her body froze. Her heart thumping in her chest harder and faster than before as she looked into his eyes, laboring her breaths.

Being here, now, like this, made it harder to confront him.

But still, it was necessary.

"I need to talk to you," she said, clenching tighter onto her purse.

She hated herself for how weak that sounded. She can do better. She will do better.

Raising his chin slightly, he gestured to the maiden standing awkwardly by the door to leave.

Knowing her place, she briefly bowed her head as a sign of respect before turning around and closing the door behind her, leaving only the two of them in his room.

Like old times.

Natsu shut his book and placed it on his nightstand next to him, sensing some seriousness in her tone. His ripped body revealing the cut of his muscles with every move he made.

A faint blush greeted her cheeks, as if she hadn't laid under that already.

"Well," he gestured, looking back into her eyes. "Talk."

She looked into his orbs fiercely in the short distance, gathering up the courage to just out with it.

A whole bunch of questions swarmed in her head. Should she question him of the credit card? Of why he fired her? Or of Sting and why he fired him? Or of Lisanna and Sting's new found relationship?

Maybe she should question him about everything.

Maybe they were all connected.

But he knows why she's here, right? I mean, he must know.

"I'm done with your games. I want to know what's happening, detail for detail." She said, demandingly.

Yes, that sounded right.

He narrowed his eyebrows, sitting up the bed, giving her his full attention.

"What exactly happened?" He questioned.

"Lots of things. Everything. And it all starts with you. And I wanna know why."

A brief pause took place before he chuckled, dropping his feet to the ground.

"You sound stressed," he said, rising and walking barefoot on his comfortable carpet towards his coffee machine. "Would you like some coffee?" He glanced towards her as he flicked open the on-switch for the grind and brew.

"No, I said I came here to talk," She responded solidly.

"Alright, I'll listen." He stated, grabbing a table spoon from the drawer—his muscular back given to her. "But I want to speak first," He said, scooping and pouring different powders into a black mug.

She took notice of his defined, ripped, well-toned back. She watched his muscles clench and unclench with every simple movement of his. Faded red lines marked across his skin—like firm nails dug deep into them. Then she instantly remembered. That was her doing. Her nails. Her uncontrollable need to grasp onto him as he railed her. That was not so long ago, she noted.