Ch 20 - Prime & Toast

Edited

The blonde fluttered her eyes open.

The white rays shined through her bedroom window, creaking through the curtains.

With a few deep morning breaths, she sat herself up the bed and stretched her arms wide.

A new day.

A new beginning.

A couple of days had passed since Natsu's visit—days in which she dreaded, cried, and angered over what she allowed to happen.

How could she have been so foolish?

Allowing him to walk back into her home after ruining her livelihood?

Not ruining, she reminded herself. He could never do that. She could always find herself another job.

But just...why?

She dropped her feet to the ground and slipped into her pink fluffy slippers, yawning eagerly.

She headed to her bathroom to freshen up. Blonde strands of her hair scrambled up messily and dark circles were around her eyes. She hadn't been treating herself all too well.

Gazing into the reflection of her brown orbs as she brushed her teeth, she felt pity for herself.

She'd been beating herself up over a man she left—a man who doesn't even love her nor want a future with her.

What was she thinking?

It's been half a month since her second breakup with the second man in her life, yet he still lingered in her mind here and there—more times than she would like.

And for what? It wasn't like they were engaged. It wasn't not like he was her fiancé. It wasn't like he cheated on her.

How could she mourn the breakup of a man who doesn't care for her? Nonetheless, buys the restaurant she works in just to fire her?

"This is ridiculous." She mumbled to herself as she stepped out of the bathroom.

Today, she is going to visit Lisanna at the restaurant she works in—Prime & Toast. It's been a while since she's last seen her and it would be nice to catch up.

Maybe she can take her mind off things.

She, too, went through a break-up with Natsu after all.

Not only that, but she was wondering if she could also ask for a job. Maybe she could work with her.

After all, that whole plan with working for Mira at the bar won't work. She definitely doesn't want to encounter guys like Loke again.

She won't always have Natsu to save her.

Nor would she want him to.

A restaurant is always safer.

As she walked towards her closet, she spotted the suitcase Arthur brought over a while ago laying next to it. Sighing, she walked up to it and lunged it over on her bed. She zipped it open and flicked the top off. She saw all her clothes neatly folded and color coded—something only Natsu's workers would do.

A small smile sneaked up her lips at the memory each clothing held—at the remembrance of her bra being flung away in the pool right before he thrusted into her eagerly, taking her breath away. Literally.

She remembered how his hands snaked up her waist as he pushed her breasts against his chest and railed so deep into her, he bottomed out.

She remembered the sound of his low grunt and his hot breath against her cheek.