Ch 3 - Deal

Edited

1 week later

"What can I get for you Ma'am?" The blonde asked her costumer as she slipped out her pen and a small note-pad from her apron's pocket to write down their order.

"Umm.." The customer lagged as she slowly looked through the menu, taking her sweet time.

Lucy, being the patient blonde that she is, waited with a calm heart for a response as she roamed her eyes around the restaurant. She saw different tables occupied by diverse people as they calmly chit-chatted in a civilized manner.

This restaurant privileged her with good money since it was high-class and fancy, circumstantially making all her costumers insanely rich and with the ability to tip good.

She at least made two hundred dollars a day; that is, after splitting the tips with all the other workers.

She was able to cover all her bills with no issues and have extra money on the side sometimes to spoil herself a little.

She felt content with her financial situation, given that she was raised in an insanely rich household and she once was the "insanely rich costumer."

It was a big change for her, leaving the life of riches. But it helped her grow, immensely.

She had her friend group whom she'd see on the weekends and she'd work on the weekdays.

Usually she'd spend her time with her fiancé after work, but now that he's out of her life... she feels a spec of emptiness inside her. The same emptiness she felt when her mother passed away.

In reality, that emptiness never left her. Sting just temporarily fulfilled it with his presence. She needed someone to be there for her after losing her only mama, anyone...and Sting was that man.

Although Lucy would never admit it, her feelings for Sting were infatuation rather than love. She battled with her inner-self when they were dating, convincing herself it was love that she was feeling.

Only because he offered her all the things she wanted. He gave her love and fulfilled the void her parent left her with by smothering her and showing her care. That is, until he cheated and ruined everything.

Maybe he was doing her a favor...

Lucy's eyes saddened at the thought of him as she zoned out.

"Go get me a Butcher's Steak." The customer said harshly, as if she was demanding, interrupting Lucy's thoughts.

"Alrighty." Lucy responded, brushing her attitude off as she wrote her order down.

If there was anything Lucy was good at, it was keeping her composure when it came to such situations. She's been a waitress for two years; she's gotten use to this kind of treatment from entitled imbeciles.

"Mashed potatoes and vegetables for my side."

"Drink?"

"Umm.."

The short boy-like orange haired woman buffered again as she looked through the Beverages section like she had all the time in the world.