Ch 40 - Moving Forward

Hotel

Lucy was laying her back against the bed frame as she munched on some chips and intensely watched the screen. The small brown mouse dipped himself in the lake before the blue cat could catch him.

She let out a chuckle. It was her favorite show as a kid and it was the first thing that played when she turned on the TV.

She was distracting herself.

Natsu left to meet her father about 3 hours ago, and the wait was getting frustrating. Especially for a pregnant woman who was randomly blood-thirsting for croissants while worrying about her fiancé.

But the chips will do for now.

Everything in her was heightened. Anytime she would think too much about what might happen in that meeting, she would start crying.

She was stressed and scared for him. At the same time, she was scared for her father. Natsu was never a patient man, and she knew he would go to any extent to protect her and their baby.

Even if that meant her father be dead.

And above that, she needed some damn croissants.

It was all too much.

"***BREAKING NEWS!!!***

"Good evening, I'm Harold Baldwin."

She narrowed her brows as she placed down her bowl.

"We interrupt this channel to bring you breaking news of a multi-million dollar mansion CURRENTLY on fire in Queens. Doil Sackerman, the homeowner, as well as the owner of multiple famous car manufactures in the country, was found DEAD alongside his two sons, Jeffery and Roman Sackerman in that house..."

"...There have been speculations that there was a gas leak..."

Was... this Natsu's doing?

She couldn't be certain. But for some reason, she almost was.

He was... capable. She knew.

And he did tell her he let one of the 'officers' go... perhaps they had something to do with it too?

As much as a part of her was scared from this capable, cold-blooded, dark side of him that could kill without a second-thought... a part of her also loved him for it.

Because it meant that he would protect her, and their baby, at all extent, without any limitations. And it gave her a sense of security that she could not explain.

And now...

Now that Sackerman was dead, she was sure Natsu wasn't going to hold back with her father.

She didn't know what his plan was. He hadn't told her anything. All he said was that he was going to handle it.

She realized she had to learn how to be okay with not-knowing-things at times with him.

At first, it was hard. But as time passed, she realized that it was always for the best.

And this time, she wasn't going to pry.
At least, she was going to try not to.

As she sighed and turned off the TV, her bedroom door opened.

He was holding a brown bag of something as he closed the door with his foot.

"You hungry?" He asked with a smirk. "I got your texts,"

She sat up the bed in excitement. And not just because of the croissants.