Ch 39 - Contract

Two Days Later

He walked into Chrysler.

It was 12:56 p.m. in the afternoon. He was meant to be there at 12 o'clock, but Natsu was never on time for anything.

He was busy having some morning sex with his fiancé.

And surely, he'll never get tired of calling her that.

As he walked out of the elevator and into the 15th floor of the building, he looked around for Jude's office.

It was time he gave him an answer.

Finding a front-desk secretary, he stopped at her desk.

"Jude's office?" He asked, not wanting to waste any more time. That damn elevator took forever.

He was never a patient man.

She narrowed her eyebrows at his informal tone. "Yes, this is Mr. Heartfilia's offi—"

He walked towards his door.

"Hey! Wait!" She called out. "Who does he think he is?!" She spoke to herself.

Natsu opened his door.

"You came," Jude perked up from his desk. He wasn't expecting him since the clock passed twelve. He was already about to make a few phone calls to leak that damn file.

Natsu had a toothpick in between his lips. After he fucked his daughter, they had breakfast, and, well... he always needed a toothpick after a meal.

"It isn't a pleasure, that's for sure," he said in sighing as he closed the door behind him and sat on the couch across of Jude.

He was acting different. Lighter, Jude noticed.

He chuckled.

"The clock is past twelve. Trouble finding your way into my office?"

Natsu smirked. He was contemplating telling him the real reason he was late.

But surely, he wouldn't embarrass Lucy like that.

"The files," Natsu said. "Show me them."

Jude sighed.

"You're lucky I'm still willing to make this deal," he said as he unlocked the last drawer by his desk and dropped a blue folder before him.

Natsu didn't like his tone. But of course, it wouldn't matter in a few minutes.

He opened the file. And there they were. Pictures of his father and mother, dead in his old home. Pictures of the weapons used, of the clothes worn that day, and of everything else around the house.

"May I remind you, you would lose your life if this is released to the public," Jude spoke, agonizingly.

And then there was his brother. Laying dead with a knife to his heart.

The cops infiltrated the house after their old neighbors called due to overheard screaming.

Little Natsu was gone by then.

It was a cold case. They could never find the kid, and so, the case was closed until further evidence presented itself.

None did.

Unless Jude made aware to the Criminal Justice system and to the public that Natsu belonged to that family, that was.

Back then, Natsu had ran away to the only true family friend they had.

And she took him in.

He told her everything, and she took him in. Protected him, clothed him, registered him in a new school. She did live cities away. But little Natsu was smart enough to make his way to her. It took multiple trains and multiple days.