Ch 27 - Jail

Edited

Her heart pounded out of her chest as she walked out of the station. She felt it ringing in her ears. Her mind was replaying the last 15 minutes over and over again.

As she opened the door, the cold wind of the night greeted her, causing chills to run down her spine.

It wasn't that cold. She was just lacking his warmth.

After he uttered those words, she had no time to process anything going on. Security guards were escorting her out before she could say anything.

She doesn't even know what she would say.

She lifted her gaze, only to see Natsu's limo waiting for her. Arthur. Natsu's right handed man. He must've waited for about two hours without leaving.

She took a few heavy steps towards it, her hands clenched by her sides, not sure what to make out of any of this.

"Lucy?" A familiar voice called out from behind her, right before she entered the limo.

She turned around.

"G-Gray?" She blinked a few times, not registering him being there.

"What are you doing here?" He asked, stepping closer.

"I came to see Natsu..." she paused. "What are you doing here?"

He sighed as he scratched the back of his head,

"I came as soon as I heard," he said. "And so did everyone else. They're all in their cars," he pointed towards the parking lot, where multiple limos stood in rows.

She followed his gaze.

"Who told you?" She asked, looking back at him as she narrowed her eyebrows.

"You don't know?..." He paused. "Natsu's all over the news,"

She brought her hand to her chest,

"What?" She whispered with wide eyes.

"There's paparazzi everywhere, Lucy. People are going crazy. You can get yourself into danger if you stay out here, okay?" He laid his hand on her shoulder. "Go back home before Natsu finds out,"

"He doesn't know about the paparazzi?" She asked.

"He does. That's why I'm here. I need to talk to him and see what we're gonna do about this. It isn't good for the company's image—"

"Who cares about that, Gray?!" She interrupted with a louder tone, tears forming in her eyes as she gulped. "He's in jail for murder! And you're worried about how the company looks right now?!"

"Hey, calm down, okay?" He placed his other hand on her shoulder as he looked into her crying eyes. "Natsu's the one who called me and told me to handle it," he explained.

She groaned as she pushed his hands away and stepped back in annoyance, bumping her behind onto the limo's surface.

Frankly, she couldn't handle a guy touching her right now. She didn't feel safe with anyone but Natsu.

Natsu.

The man locked up right now.

"He's out of his mind..." she wiped a tear away, provoked at his way of thinking.

Then something clicked.

She looked up and into his dark eyes.

"Gray...can you bail him out?" She asked, hopeful, holding her breath.