Ch 33 - Marriage

He stepped forward, toward their table, each foot landing heavy against the ground. His hands clenched by his sides as his biceps suffocated his tight sleeves, causing his sharp veins to pop out. His heart battered aggressively against his chest as his eyes stuck on her, watching her laugh with her father.

Rogue stayed behind. He knew he shouldn't interfere. Not with him in this state.

Jude laid his eyes on him in the short distance, and curled his lips into a smile as he recognized his luck. That salmon hair. Those sharp, jade eyes. That buff body. He hadn't met him in person before, but he was sure it was him.

"Ah, look who finally joined us," he loudly whispered to Lucy.

Her eyes drifted to him as she brought her glass down, and her smile immediately dropped. Her lids widened. Her heart pounded faster. She hadn't expected to meet him here. Or now. He shouldn't have seen her.

He stood in front of her, his gaze drilling into her. Deadly. Venomous. Devouring her with it. His eyes scrolled down her body. She was wearing a black sheeny dress that reached her upper thighs. Her V neck reached down to her stomach, sharply. Her heavy chest was perfectly lifted. His eyes scrolled up. Her lips were glossy. Her eyeshadow had a hint of golden, matching her nails. Her lashes were curled. The blonde locks of her hair looked neatly brushed and put together as they reached to her hips, resting on her seat. He looked back into her honey eyes. His jaw clenched as all his sharp features grew sharper. Steadier. Shedding through her.

"Mr. Dragneel, what a pleasure." Jude said. "Please, take a seat," he gestured to the couch across of him, next to the man he was gambling with.

Natsu wouldn't look. He wouldn't even speak. His breathing was growing heavier by the second.

What the hell was she doing here, with him, looking like that?

The lavender-suited man stood up from the couch and breathed out.

"Well, that's my cue," he said, with a lisp. He was chubby and of small height, about Lucy's. He had glasses on and gapped teeth.

But he was of high class. Of status. Soaked in wealth and wrapped in luxury. His mind was heavy with knowledge and wisdom, and his back held the weight of influence and power.

A strong ally he was.

Was.

He reduced to dust once he declared Natsu Dragneel as an enemy not long ago. His business was failing, just like Jude's.

If only he knew that the man standing next to him was him. Mr. Dragneel.

Unfortunately for him, he didn't.

He hadn't had the pleasure of meeting him before, either. Him and Jude were in America. He was in Japan. Yet still, even in the distance did he devour them.

Natsu didn't notice his presence. For his presence was nothing.

Jude stood up after him, lifting his hand for a shake,

"Always a pleasure doing business with you, Mr. Sackerman," he said.

They shook.