Ch 28 - Paparazzi

Edited

"Give me your phone," he said solidly.

She flinched.

Why's he being rude when I just bailed him out...

Nevertheless, she reached into her pocket and took out her phone. The new phone that she bought on her way here.

She looked into his eyes as she handed it to him.

His jade eyes. Anger lurked in the center of them. Dissatisfaction and disappointment radiated from him as he took it from her harshly.

He didn't say anything, but it was clear.

It made her upset. It made her upset how he was upset. He hadn't been upset with her for a while now. It just felt... scary. Because this time, she knows she messed up. However, she wouldn't change a thing.

Although it's selfish, she's happy she doesn't need to feel guilty anymore. Even if it does go against his word.

He tapped her screen a few times before he placed the phone against his ear.

"Arthur," he said. "Drive to the back door of the station." He demanded, then hung up the phone.

He kept the phone in his hand, not looking her in the eye, waiting.

She wanted to ask for it back...but he looked so tense that she was afraid to do so.

Not a second later, his limo parked in front of them.

He opened the door.

"Get in." He demanded.

Narrowing her eyebrows, she opened her mouth to speak, but his gaze sent waves of intensity as he drilled into her brown orbs. He wasn't in the mood.

She better keep her mouth shut, she thought. At least for now.

She chewed on her words and got in the car.

He shut the door and walked to the other side, then got in too.

"It's good to have you back, Mr. Dragneel," said Arthur as he smiled through the mirror.

"Drive home," He responded as he shut his door.

"My pleasure," he hit the gas.

"Wait, but I wanna go to my home," Lucy looked over to him, complaining.

He was tempted to lose it.

But he kept his composure.

"You're not going anywhere." He spoke, not batting an eye as he observed the paparazzi screaming his name by the entrance.

"But—"

"Arthur, avoid our usual route." He interrupted. "If we get spotted, the paparazzi won't leave us alone,"

Lucy sighed.

"Uhh, sir, I think it's too late for that," Arthur responded.

Two motorcycles from either sides of the limo were catching up with them sharply as they held cameras in their hands.

They were wearing all black with helmets on. The noises were loud. Blindingly loud.

"Mr. Dragneel!"  They yelled as they tried to get him to open his window. Tapping on it, screaming, harassing.

Flash after flash after flash.

Taking pictures, asking questions, yelling through the fast and heavy wind that went against them, cornering their lane with their motorcycles.