CHAPTER 17: Hendes Fortid

AUGUSTINE'S POV

"Wait, what? You have a son?" I asked him. He glanced at the side, obviously avoiding my gaze. All this time, I've been such a fool.

"Yes, Zee was born last week, 21st." Tears started to fall, I huddle into a corner. Did he really cheated on me? Is that the reason why he don't want to spend time with me? I wiped my tears and smiled. "Everyone keeps telling me you're the bad guy, but I always defended you that you're not. I thought...I thought you loved me, why did you cheat on me?!" I expressed.

He walked towards my direction and hugged me. "I love you, August. So much. I'm sorry. Don't worry, I just made an agreement with the mother of my child that I will support her without us getting married. We can still be together, my love. Please give me another chance."

"I'm sick of people around us telling me to give up... You're no good to me. You never once cared for me, don't you?" I cried. I am not the type of person who will cry easily, but this thing really hurts me, I think I can no longer bear this pain.

"I cared for you, August. If I wasn't, then we wouldn't ended up being together. I love you Augustine, the moment I laid my eyes on you. The moment, I met you in the classroom. I love you August, please don't leave me."

I touched his face on both sides and stared at him. "Promise me one thing, don't ever hurt me again! Don't ever do this to me again!" I shouted. I know I am being desperate here already, but I don't care.

"Yes, I won't. I'm really sorry, August. I love you." He kissed my forehead, nose and lips.

"I love you too." And just like that, I accepted him again with open arms. I don't know what the future lies upon us, but for now, all I want is him. I just can't lose him.

Ford Solis is my senior during college days. I met him in one of my classes when I was just in my first year. All the people known him for being the 'bad' boy type. He often skips class, always present in some bars near our school and more. The moment my friends know our relationship, I can barely say that they don't like Ford for me, as per the fact that he is a total opposite of me. My friends are brutally honest, they always reminded me that sooner or later, Ford will leave me.

My relationship these past months with him is good. Even before, he acts a total gentleman to me, unlike to the rumors I usually heard about him, he's been a better boyfriend for me. We always communicate each other, he will drive me home and sometimes help me in my studies. But these last two weeks, he barely chatted me that he's busy. It almost took him one week before he replied to me via chat. I don't know what's going on with him, but I do trust him that he is truly busy knowing that this year, he is graduating, that's why I didn't bother to disturb him up until now.

One week after his revelation, we celebrated our first anniversary with his friends. I was surprised when he holds my hand and kissed the back of it. I noticed he is just looking at my hand, is there any problem? "Ford? Is there something wrong?" I asked. He glanced at me and smiled.

"Thank you, August. Thank you for giving me a second chance. I'm grateful to have you in my life." He hugged me tightly. I really hope this time, everything will be okay.

"August!" Jury yelled the moment I reached the house where my friends and I stay during our vacant time. "What's wrong August? Gracious, you smelled reek of alcohol!" I didn't answer his question but I was crying out loud.

"August, please, I'm starting to worry now, you're not a cry baby type of a girl. What's wrong?" He gets his handkerchief from his pocket and started wiping my tears. "Ford..." I look at his eyes and said that name again. "What that bastard does now?"

"He left me, this time is worst. No call, text, chat nor proper closure." I sobbed.

"Hey, it's okay August. He's not the right man for you." He said with such calmness.

It took me almost 3 years just to move-on from him. Ford Solis might not be my first love, but he does have this effect on me, after he ghosted me, I never had another boyfriend. I still have this fear in my heart that every man will just use and make a fool out of me. I hope I still have a  to offer to the man who is willing to be with me for the rest of our lives, because I think it's  impossible.