CHAPTER 38: Lecture

AUGUSTINE'S POV

"August, lang." A familiar voice of a woman, called me. Mama?

I slowly opened my eyes and I saw my mother in a teary eyes. I started to look for my man when I didn't see any human besides my mom.

"Ma, where is he?" I asked. I didn't include his name because I know that mother knows what I am referring to.

"Felix came out of this room with your Papa. By the way, did you remember what happened to you?" I immediately touch my stomach. Did they.. I stared at my mother waiting what she tells me next.

"Hey, your babies are fine." My mother hugged me. I also hugged her back, I'm starting to get emotional here. I felt guilty for leaving my parents without a proper permission that I will stay and get married in Denmark. 

"I'm sorry, Ma. I made you and Papa worry, I should've told both of you that I will get married in Denmark, but there's so many happened way back there. I can't tell you my situation." I confessed. It's like I'm telling all of my sins to a priest.

Without any hesitation, my mom slap my head, but not that hard. "It's a good thing you remember that now, you really should have told us. You didn't even tell us that you married a prince."

"I'm sorry, Ma." I just keep on apologizing. I know my mother also knows that I'm way too lazy to explain if I keep on changing the topic.

"What it matters now is that both the babies and you are fine. Lang, you're already married. Please be good to your husband. He is really worried about you, he looks terrible."  I don't know what reaction I will show to my mother. She just told my husband looks terrible. That was an unexpected first impression from her.

"Lang, I'm dead serious. You could've killed in that incident, I know you just want to help but also think about yourself. Family must comes first now, you are no longer a responsible Filipino citizen. You're going to be a mother." My mother glanced at me intently. I just sighed and nodded. After my mother's lecture, she gave me a two piece of the McDonalds Ala King Meal. I instantly eat the one piece of it when the door suddenly opened.

"August?"

"Hi" I replied. I'm way too busy to talk. I'm enjoying my food. The moment Felix arrived, my mother left saying that she has some errands to go to. Just good, I don't want another lecture here.