CHAPTER 22: Heart to Heart

AUGUSTINE'S POV

I was about to go downstairs when I saw my handsome prince. He stared at me curiously. "Where are you going, August? I thought you were feeling dizzy?" I didn't hesitate to ignore his question. I grabbed his arm and we went back downstairs together.

"August"

"I'm fine, Felix. By the way, your dearest step-mother just talked to me and said that you will leave me." I reported.

"She said it to you? What did you do next?" Is he really sure about that question? He thinks I did something wrong with his father's second wife.

"I was able to stop her when she's about to slap me. And I also warned her, that if she will try to slap me again, I will not hesitate to break her delicate hand." I glared at my husband waiting for his angry reaction but instead, he smiles amusingly.

"What kind of look is that? You're not angry?" I asked. He smiles again and laughed.

"Why would I? Anyway, it seems that my Princess Augustine just did a good job. If ever she was able to slap you and something bad happened, I will not forgive my step-mother." He suddenly kneels in front of me and kissed my bump. "You two are lucky little buns, know why? You have a strong mor." I smiled at him and we walked back to the venue.

Staring at the people gracefully dancing, including my husband paired with Her Majesty. I honestly don't like formal events like this one. So much formality brings boredom to death. I startled when a woman called me. It's my mother-in-law.

"Can I have a moment with you in the garden, dear?"  She asked. I didn't hesitate to nod and follow her to the palace's garden. When we reached at the garden I immediately asked her. I was getting nervous here already.

"Is there something wrong, Your Highness?" I inquired.

"Nothing really, dear. But are you all right? I just saw my husband's new wife walking from upstairs." She concerned. I think this Countess is on my side. I can say that she also don't like Princess Mary.

"Ah, Her Highness is just giving me a lecture that soon my husband will leave me. I just calmly replied to her. To my surprise, she was about to strike me, but I stopped her. Thank you for the concern, Your Highness. But I can defend myself. I have several military training during my college days." I said. I guess she just worried about her grandchildren in my womb. She holds both of my hands and stare at me.

"I'm happy that you're fine. Princess Mary really like Ana for Felix. But for me, you're just the perfect woman for my son. Not because we're in the same race, but because of your strong-willed personality. But still, be careful, dear. And just call me 'mom or mor'." She reassured me. I don't know, but I am starting to cry. Blame the pregnancy hormones! I'm being emotional again.

"Oh dear, why are you crying?" She hugged me tightly. I hugged her back. I can't believe that my mother-in-law likes me than Felix' step-mother.

"I'm just happy, Mom. Thank you for accepting me to be your daughter-in-law."

"I know you're having a hard time adapting the Danish culture and traditions, especially here in the family. You are just perfectly fine, just stay strong, promise dear?"

"Yes, Mom." Thank you Lord for giving me this kind of in-law. I couldn't ask for more.