CHAPTER 8: The Date

AUGUSTINE'S POV

I smiled as I saw 5 headshots I inflicted on my target. I am currently at one of the famous firing ranges here in the city. Yesterday, I told Felix to meet me here this afternoon.  I still can't believe that Felix is here, it's been a month since I left Denmark and yesterday, he surprised me by coming to the university. And the kiss, of course, it didn't let me sleep last night. I really don't know what Felix is doing here in the Philippines. I still have these second thoughts that he maybe just makes fun of me here. Because of that kiss, I feel all of my infatuations, I felt for him during my college days went back. Oh God, he's just my 3rd year college crush, I was 21 years old back then, but the moment I knew about his existence, he just turned 18 that time and I got a crush on him.

But now is different, I met him in Denmark. I punched him, I've been so rude to him during my short stay in their country, went back here and now, he's here with me. It feels like I'm living in a 21-years-old August's dream. I put down the shotgun and grab the .45 caliber pistol when Felix, suddenly showed up.

"So, you're here. Want to try?" I look at him as I handed him the .45 caliber pistol. He looks at the offered weapon and accepted it. When he's going to aim at the target, I stopped him. "You forgot something, Mister. Safety first." I give him the headphone-style ear protection and the safety goggles. He face back to the target, and starting to shoot, but he didn't even hit the target. I laughed at the thought that this guy didn't know how to shoot.

"Sorry" He looks at me, apologetically. 

"You don't know how to shoot nor use a gun, do you?" I asked him with a smirk on my face.

I walk in his direction and I touched his left elbow "First, you have to use your dominant eye. Aiming with both eyes is impossible. Bend this slightly, and your right arm must be bent straight. The post on the front sight should be evenly centered in between the two posts of the rear sight." I touch his index finger where it place at the trigger "If you're not ready to shoot, this finger should be placed under the slide of the gun." I can see the red stains on his cheeks, is he blushing?

"Don't tell me you're blushing, I just teach you some basic steps on how to shoot using a handgun and here you are, looking so red." I walk to the other table and grab the shotgun.

"Oh dear, I'm already blushing that you've touched my arms and finger. How much more if you touch something aggressive part in me." He chuckled and I just rolled my eyes.

I started shooting at the target. All hit at the head on the target, Felix looks at me, amazed. "Stop staring, start shooting." I said without leaving my eyes to the target, as I shoot another round of my shotgun. "You're a sharpshooter." He said while he started aiming at the target.

"You could say that. I will take that as a compliment, thank you." I stopped and smiled at him.

We stayed on the firing range for 2 hours and decided to eat so we drive back to the city. We arrived at the Grand Central and went inside of a restobar.

"Good afternoon, may I take your order? Asked the waiter. "Ah yes, I'd like a one serve of sisig and one bucket of Smirnoff." Felix gives me a questioning look and but I just ignored him. I want to drink now. Felix also ordered sisig and he turned the pages where the menu of alcoholic beverages is written.

"And a glass of wengweng." I gasped of his words. Is he freaking serious?

Wengweng is the local slang word for "totally wasted". A Filipino drink with a mixture of scotch, brandy, rum, bourbon, vodka, tequila, orange and pineapple juice and grenadine. I stayed silent, thinking what will happen to him after he drink the whole glass of it.

Felix has been so talkative to me the whole time. He asked so many things about myself, from my favorites, childhood experiences and he also tells his story. Knowing Felix' parents' separation, the way Felix view life, full of positivity, it's pretty obvious also that he is a good son, being loved and cared by his parents. A few hours passed by, I look at my watch to know what time is it. 6:30pm. I need to go home. I look back to Felix, who is soundly asleep. You got to be kidding me. I told him earlier to stop drinking wengweng, he already tipsy after his first glass, but he insisted himself to drink another glass of it.

"Felix? Felix, wake up." I said while tapping his back.

I still try to wake him up when his phone suddenly rang. I picked his phone inside his pocket and answer the phone call. "Hello" I said, as I looked at Felix' current state. "Who are you? Where is His Highness? Asked the caller. "Oh, I'm sorry. I'm Augustine and Felix is here with me now. Can you please pick him up?" He said yes and ended the call. I texted the caller the address and after 5 minutes, he is already in here.

As soon as he arrived at the bar where Felix and I is, he quickly assisted Felix to the car. I was about to say goodbye when he says something "Ma'am, can I ask something from you?" I just nod and drawn my full attention to what he will going to say. "Can you please take care of our Prince Felix? I have something to take care of. Can you dame Augustine? Asked me while looking to the sleeping prince.

You're the reason why he's drunk, you're accountable in taking care of him. My thought is hunting my conscience. "Ma'am?" Now, this guy is looking at me, waiting for me to answer. "Okay, I will. But please help me to put him to his room." He thanked me and I went inside the car with Felix. 

Victor did help me in putting Felix to bed. He also introduced himself to me and told me that he knew me even before I left Denmark. I didn't ask him why because I already feel the effects of the alcohol in me. I looked at the sleeping Felix, he's really handsome even he is drunk. "What am I going to do with you? I like you Felix, but I don't think I deserve someone like you. I'm just a typical city girl." I touched his silky hair. To my surprised, Felix got up from the bed and glared at me intently. Gidaman man guru ning lakiha.

"Felix, are you---" I didn't finish my question when he suddenly crushed his mouth to mine in a torrid kiss. I kiss him back and a moan came out of my mouth as he drew me closer to him. I could almost feel the heat coming from our bodies. He gasped when I pushed him, this is wrong.

"What's wrong? He worriedly asked as he draws himself to me again, hot kisses trailed down my neck. "I love you August, since the night I met you." He kissed me again, and this time to my lips.

I don't what consequences I will face soon because of this, but for now, I want to enjoy this night with him.