CHAPTER 5: I Don't Care At All

AUGUSTINE'S POV

"Tongue-tied, Sire?" I asked this royal prince who is facing to me right now.  I still can't believe that I met one of the Queen's grandsons, at first I'm having a doubt that he is Prince Felix of Denmark, he might have the resemblance, but I can't just conclude it to myself, I think I still need more evidence to prove that he is a prince. But this morning, I was eating breakfast with May and Alfred, her husband. Alfred told me something intriguing. He said, he saw the Prince went outside from my room last night. He asked me if I knew him, I said yes, I know him. And he did conclude that the man I met last night is the prince. Wow, I just punched a Prince.

Second, after that breakfast, I went to the Little Mermaid, one of the famous tourist spots in Copenhagen. When I arrived, May called me, she said that Prince Felix is looking for me. Oh God, why Felix is looking for me? He left me last night without even saying goodbye and now that I already know his true identity, he still has the guts to look for me. For what?! I decided to stay for a while in here, I have to vent out this frustration I am feeling right now.

And now, here I am, having a conversation with him. He looks startled, I tried to let go of his grip, but I can't, he's too strong. "Wait, um--, I can explain August, please give me a chance to explain." I just nod and let go of his grip. I don't want to look at him, so I faced to the front side of the car. I can still see the sculpture from here. 

"August, I'm sorry if I left you last night, just what I've said a while ago, my Mom called me. And the 'prince' part, I really don't have any plan to tell it to you because I don't want you to treat me as a royal. I'm sorry." He said, regretfully. To be honest, I don't care what is his reasons why he left me last night and to him, not telling me that he is one of the members of the Danish Royal Family. He is still a stranger to me.

"You know what, I really don't care of your explanations. I don't care if you're a prince or a count, whatever. What I want now is to spend my vacation well, not wasting it by having a conversation with you." I opened the car door and left. He might be my crush during my 3rd year in college, but now, all I want is to be alone.

As soon as I arrived at the apartment, I just felt a pang in my heart. I think I'm slowly regretting what I've said to him, I'm so rude to him. I guess it's better this way, after all, I'm just a nobody. I hope I made it clear to him already.

It's my sixth day here in Denmark, after my futile conversation with the prince that night, I spend my remaining days here too well. I experienced eating the famous smørrebrød of Denmark and visits some castles here while hoping not to see him again. Felix keeps on sending me a bouquet of flowers and calling me via phone, but I also keep on ignoring it. 

Right now, I am in the Royal Library of Denmark. Seeing this solid black cube that is divided in two makes my minimal heart melts. Up until now, I can't believe that I achieved my first travel goal. I spend my time reading books, some books are written in Danish, so I choose those are written in English. Reading inside this marvelous place is so fun, for me at least. Tomorrow will be my last day here, I decide to just stay in the apartment. And again, I will suffer for 17 hour flight.