CHAPTER 26: Surprise

AUGUSTINE'S POV

"So how's the life now that you're part of a foreign royal family, Aug?" I put down my fork, I felt a bit hungry when Jude and I went into a local restaurant. I'm getting conscious here because someone might recognize me.

"Fine, I have my lessons now for being a royal." I said and starting to eat again.

"It's good to know that you're doing fine. Do you know that Ford is here as well?"  I nearly choked myself on what he said. He stood up to assist me, but I gestured that he don't have to. So that man is here in Denmark.

"I don't." I grunted. I glared at him when he raised his right hand like he's giving someone a signal to come over. I look at the man he was giving signals to, it's Ford. He seated beside Jude and smiled at me. Yuck.

"August." The bastard just spoke up. I think Jude feels the awkwardness , he decided to leave and said that he will just order another food. For all I know, he just want us to talk.

"You really have a gut to see me, didn't you?" I stared into his eyes. Those eyes that I like to see every single day, but now, I don't feel anything aside from being disgusted.

"Look August, I know you only want to spend this time with Jude. I just came here to apologize. I know I hurt you and I'm so sorry. I love you, but I made a mistake, up until now, I still love you. I know you're already married and I don't have any intentions to ruin your marriage to the prince. But I want to revive our friendship, August." He pleaded. I giggled,  he looks surprised to my reaction.

"I have three things I want to clarify here, first, you don't have any right to call me "August", know your place, especially in this country. Second, even if you kneel just to ask forgiveness from me, well, sorry, I don't have any plan to forgive and forget. Third, this will be the first and last time I will see you and Jude. I just felt betrayed again, who would have thought I'll be seeing you again because of Jude." I didn't wait for his reply, I stood up and  left him.

The moment I step out of the restaurant, I feel someone is looking at me. I glared at the gray car parked in front of the restaurant, but I saw no one. Meeting with them is making me very conscious of my surroundings. I was about to walk across the street when someone held my hand.

"August, please go back, Jude is waiting for you. Okay, if you don't want to see me, I will leave, just go back." He begged. I pull my hand and glared at him clearly. "You better let go of me or else I will do something that will make a scene." He swiftly let go of my hand and I walk back to my car.