CHAPTER 11: I Don't Love You

AUGUSTINE'S POV

Three months passed by, things between Felix and I are getting better. He calls me everyday, we often have a video call and sometimes we will send each other some love letters. It's kind of weird that we're sending letters to each other, but I love it! I am still receiving text from Almanza, but I am just ignoring it. I haven't talked to him yet, but I will, later.

I wash my hands and look at myself in the mirror in the school restroom. I touch my small baby bump, until now, Felix didn't know this little life growing inside me. I manage to hide this by wearing baggy clothes. "Mama still doesn't want to introduce you to papa, baby." I talked to my belly bump and look back to my reflection. I have to solve my problem with Almanza before telling Felix about my condition. I cannot take the risk being with him while this guy is still threatening me.

After my classes, I immediately go towards Victor's direction. "Hey, Mr. Victor!" I smiled to him and he looks shocked. Did he really think that I didn't know about his presence all this time? "Miss Augustine, what a coincidence, we see each other again." He said while acting as if he is busy reading a book. "I'm sorry but I think this is not a coincidence, more likely a surveillance. By the way, can I ask something Mr. Victor?" I watched him stopped reading and look at me in the eyes.

"What is it, Miss?" He asked.

"Can you gather some information about Romeo Almanza? I need the information as soon as possible." I answered.

"Is there something wrong with this guy Miss?" He asked again. "No, there's nothing wrong about him. I just want to know his background. And please don't tell Felix about this." He looked at me, curious why he should hide this to his employer. "Please" He let out a sigh and nod. Yes! Going  back to the other side of the road, I observed that Mr. Victor, I go back to him. "Last one Mr. Victor, can you please stop tailing me just once?" 

"I cannot do that Ma'am, His Majesty asks me to check for you anywhere you go." He said nonchalantly. 

"Just this day, Mr. Victor. I promise, I will go home immediately. Have some rest." I smiled at him, giving him assurance by telling him that I will just stay at home after my work. "Okay Ma'am, just for today." I went back to the university and get my bag in my office.

It's past seven in the evening when I arrived here at Almanza Residence. Our house is a few walks from here, so might as well, visit Romeo for a moment before I go home. "August?" I look to the person who is calling me, it's Romeo. You can do this, Augustine. "Hi Romeo, can I talk to you for a moment?" He stared at me and smiled.  He led me to the terrace and started to talk "What do you want to talk about, August?"

"I know you're the one texting me threats, Romeo, what do you want?"

"You" What? Did I heard him right?

"Pardon?"

"Don't play dumb Augustine, you know that all I ever want is you. I asked you countless times if I can be your boyfriend, but then all of those were rejected. What should I do to make you mine, August? And now, I just know you have this intimate relationship with a Danish man? What did you see in him? I'm rich, August. I can make---" I slap him hard. Does he really think that I just love Felix by his money?

"Are you out of your mind? Do you really think that I dated Felix for money? I'm sorry, but you're wrong. I didn't give you a chance before because I know for myself that all I can offer to you is friendship, Romeo. Yes, I do have a relationship with Felix and you know why? Because I love him." I gasped as he strangle my neck with such force.

"You know, you can't have me even in the afterlife." I grinned as I tried to get away his hands which is still strangling my neck. My baby.

"Sorry to tell you August, but from now on, I will never let you go." He let go of me that it made me land on the floor. I am starting to feel dizzy to this conversation. I looked up to him, "Please Romeo, stop this. Again, I don't love you. I don't want to be with you." He grabbed my hand strongly and slap me. 

I grinned again at him, but my vision is starting to get blurry. "You're crazy, Romeo." I muttered before losing my consciousness.