CHAPTER 20: Back to Reality

AUGUSTINE'S POV

Staring at Miss Lily, who is busy lecturing me about royal etiquette, I'm getting bored here. I didn't bother to listen to her. Felix and I went back to Denmark after our 5 days vacation at Greece, his secretary has called him during our stay there. I guess being a Prince is not just a title, but also a responsibility. I'm happy that Felix still accepts my reason why I'm being like this. It lessens the burden I've been keeping in my heart for years. I really hope he will not see his ex-lover again. We can finally have our fresh start while waiting for this little buns in my womb.

"Your Highness?" I woke up from my reverie when Miss Lily suddenly spoke.

"I'm listening, Miss Lily." I defend, this lady in front of me is way too good. I mean she has all this grace and poise whatever she do. Like how to be you po?

"I can say that you're not, Your Highness. I guess will stop for this topic for now. You can now rest, Your Highness." She said.

"Can you please refrain from calling me 'Your Highness', I don't like it. Just call me August, I thought we agreed that we should treat each other as friends?" I replied, that 'Your Highness' thingy really got me annoyed, especially if it comes from those people I treated as a friend rather than an inferior.

"Okay, Miss Augustine." Really? She really won't diminish this formality of hers. I just rolled my eyes and stood up. I'm hungry, I better prepare some snacks for myself. She bows down and I walked outside the study room.

As I reached to the kitchen, I saw Felix preparing a food. Is that sisig? And why the Prince is here? I thought he would go somewhere for an event. He stopped at what he's doing when he took notice of my presence. I was about to walk to our bedroom when he suddenly spoke up.

"Where are you going, dejlig kone?" He asked while putting a final touch to the food he is cooking. By the way, why I am going to the bedroom? Am I avoiding him again? I just smirked and went back to the counter while drooling over that sisig.

"Is that mine?" I don't care if I'm being a thick-faced bitch here. I'm quite hungry na. And I badly want that sisig! He chuckled and replied. "It's all yours, min prinsesse." I went closer to him and kiss him on the cheek. "Thank you." I said when I sat down on the chair at the counter and starting to eat the sisig.

"By the way, I thought you have to go to an event somewhere in Copenhagen? Why are you here?" I asked. Is he starting to slack? "He sat down on the chair next to mine. "I asked Nikolai to attend that event."

"August"

"Hmm?"

"There's an event tomorrow and it really needs our presence." I glared at him. What this event he is talking about that I should really be with him? I drink the water he put beside my plate when he spoke up.

"It's my far's birthday." I spit out the water on his face. I quickly got a tissue and starting wiping his face. I am still not ready to meet his family again. I mean, I already met his family but I think it's too soon to be at the same place with them. But I don't have any choice, it's his father's birthday party.

"Okay, should I wear a tiara for that event?" I've been watching movies about royal families since I was 21 years old, I observe that whenever there's an event, the royals wear their crowns and tiaras.

"Yes, min elskede."

"Okay, I'll go with you." I saw him smiling like an idiot and hug me swiftly. I just hope I will not be bored with that formal party.