CHAPTER 30: Evasion

AUGUSTINE'S POV

"Where do you like to go, Ma'am?" My personal driver asked. I put my phone in my purse and replied to him.

"At the Little Mermaid, please." He nod and start driving. I texted my friend, May, to come to that place. I already told her my plan to go back to the Philippines, at first, she doubts I might get myself into trouble, but after a short drama I acted, she finally gave up.

After a couple of hours, we arrived at the Little Mermaid. I smiled sadly while watching the statue from my direction. Indeed, time flew so fast. The last time I went here is when I confronted Felix that I already knew that he is a royal, and now here I am, a pregnant woman already.

"John?" I called my driver. He unbuckles his seat belt and look at me.

"Can you please buy me a loaf of rye bread?" He said okay and buckle again his seatbelt. He was about to start the engine when I stopped him.

"No! Ah-I mean I will just stay here and you go buy--there." I pointed the stall near the sculpture. He glanced at me like he's having a doubt I might do something, but I just keep my emotion cold as it is. After seconds of eye contact, he finally obeyed my order.

Watching him walk towards the stall, I slowly opened the car's door. I went out of the car and put my sunglasses. I quickly went inside the red car parked across the street.

"Drive." I said as soon I take the front seat.

"Did you prepare your passport and plane ticket already?" May asked. 

"Yes." I looked at my watch, thirty minutes left before my plane leave.

As we arrived at the airport, I walk to my designated terminal. I look back and saw May waving at me. I waved back and started to walk towards the plane. 

I made the right decision, this country is too painful for me to live in.